| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Audio Volume- How to save it?
Danny Sherbon

San Angelo, TX
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2014 7:09 pm    

How do you save the audio volume that is set on the mixer? I can set the volume, save it and then when I open the file again, the volume is back at 90.
Has anybody else had this problem or know a solution?
Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 3:58 pm    

Save the song with the save+ box. If you place the arrow over this box, it should tell you it saves the volume you've set.
Danny Sherbon

San Angelo, TX
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 12:14 pm     Volume Won't Save

I'm using BIAB 2014 and I don't find the Save+ in this version. I looked in the Save As and nothing there either. Thank you for your imput.
Jim Baron

Madera, Ca.
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 1:09 pm    

On the 2014 BIAB, click on the 'save as" button, when the drop down box opens, click on the "save with harmony and patches". When that drop box opens, make sure you have a check in the box that says "save all settings with song".

If that doesn't work, then the problem is probably in a setting within the style that is not allowing the volume change to stick.

Jim
Danny Sherbon

San Angelo, TX
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 1:41 pm     Audio Volume- How to save it?

It must be some setting in my setup then. I tried that and opened back up with set back to 90. (Which I think is the default)

Thanks so much for the advice.
Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2014 6:04 am    

Jim Baron wrote:

If that doesn't work, then the problem is probably in a setting within the style that is not allowing the volume change to stick.

Jim

There are various styles in BIAB like this. This particular problem is the topic in one of the FAQ's found on their website.

Salem, VA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2014 8:14 am    

From the PG Music FAQ:

In some cases, your volume settings may not "stick". This is a style specific problem. It can occur with a limited number of styles if Volume Changes are enabled in the Style. In this case, the style is sending a Volume (Controller 7) message when you press Play, which is causing your volume setting to revert to the default volume for the style.

There are two things you can do. The first is to edit the style (Styles | StyleMaker | Edit Current Style), press the [MISC] button, and uncheck "Allow Volume Changes with Style". Note that this is a permanent change to the style. You may want to make a backup of the style before changing it. The second option is to go to Opt. | Preferences | MIDI Options, and uncheck "Style Volume Changes". This may not be desirable because it is a global setting and may have other unintended effects.

Another possible source of confusion may be if you are trying to set the "Master Volume", using Ctrl+Alt+D, or the "Combo" part. This function sets every part to the same volume, so you normally wouldn't use it if you are adjusting the relative volumes of the parts.