| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  WTB: Non-Peavey Steel guitar amp
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2014 12:35 am    

To make this transformation complete. I like the LTD's and Session 400's. Peavey has been there for steel players, for a long time, so I ain't knocking them at all. I just want something else. Evans, Fender--what do you got? About the only thing I don't care for, is a rack and 2 cabs, although a good price on a Stereo Steel rig might change my mind. I would like to see a photo, and in exchange, I will send you a photo of the spot where the amp will go.
Thanks, fellers!
Alan Coughenour

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2014 2:20 am     None Peavey Steel amp

See Ebay. I have a Vibrosonic listed there you might be interested in. Its the one w/the $1200 price. It will relist at progressive lower prices if it doesn't sell.
Shorty Rogers

Post  Posted 13 Mar 2014 9:34 am    

Stephen, I'm not about to sell mine, but JD Walker does sometimes make a mono amp that is pretty much one side of the StereoSteel. It is simply called "The Walker" and is a true "combo" amp, with head and one 15" speaker in a light-weight cabinet. Mine has an Alesis Nanoverb built into the head and I believe he has used other reverbs as well. Mine had a reconed JBL in it originally and currently has an Eminence Neo.
300 watts and around 35 lbs.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2014 5:51 pm    

Shorty, I looked at their site, and I didn't see anything about the combo you mentioned. Back to the hunt. Whoa! Whoa!
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2014 9:29 pm    

Stephen, I could be wrong and if so I apologize and plead ignorance but I do believe the Walker Stereo Steel is patterned off of the old Peavey Session 400. I believe that is a good thing and certainly not a knock but it might not be too far from the Peavey. I personally love the Session 400 and the Stereo Steel.
Jerry

Over there
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2014 7:01 am    

And TWO Session 400's sound great!
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2014 7:46 am    

Yep, and I think that is basically what you would have with the SS. I bet he used more expensive components too.
Jerry

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2014 10:26 am    

Steve;
Check the Roland cube 80 XL a lot of guys are using them with good results. They also handle lead guitars well too.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2014 5:26 pm    

Roland isn't making the Cube 80 XL anymore, are they?
Geoffrey Latham

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2014 7:35 pm    

Roland has replaced the 80xl with the 80gx. It's a great amp - loud, very clean and some people really like the onboard effects. I borrowed one to try on my pedal steel and it sounded really nice. I play bass for jazz trio and a caribbean reggae group with the same guitar player, and he uses this amp. Loud and clean with good low end.... I think the street price new is around $400 or so.
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2014 2:38 am    

Per the Roland Cube 80 amps:

I have a Cube 60xl and it is plenty loud and good for steel as well. I wouldn't try it at a gig with a drummer, screaming lead guitar, etc., but I take it to smaller venue gigs all the time. It's no Session 400 (500, etc.), but it's a darn good little amp, and can be had for $100-125 used.
billy tam R.I.P.

baton rouge, louisiana
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2014 4:27 am     amp

Steven, Email sent.
Billy
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2014 8:48 am    

Geoffrey Latham wrote:
Roland has replaced the 80xl with the 80gx. It's a great amp - loud, very clean and some people really like the onboard effects. I borrowed one to try on my pedal steel and it sounded really nice. I play bass for jazz trio and a caribbean reggae group with the same guitar player, and he uses this amp. Loud and clean with good low end.... I think the street price new is around $400 or so.

I wondered if the 80GX was as good as the 80XL. That helps a LOT thanks!
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2014 10:34 pm    

Well, a couple of guys have made great offers, only to back out at the last minute.
So I'm still looking. But please, no more games, OK? If you wat to sell me an amp, contact me here, or via PM. But if you're going to spend a week "deciding," then leave me alone. No more PM's like this, though---

"Stephen, I sent a PM asking for a picture, but didn't give you anywhere to send it.I think we can work something out on a trade.Thanks."
Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 4:51 am    

never mind

Last edited by Cartwright Thompson on 19 Mar 2014 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Bob Carter

South Florida, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 5:46 am     Fender Steel King

Hello Big Guy,
I've purchased another Steel King since we last spoke but its just to heavy for me. I'll sell it for what I paid and that was $325.00 shipped.
Only problem is that I never received the $150.00 for the other gear I sent you about 6 months ago.
I really though I could trust you along with 99%
of the folks that are members of the forum.
You have the next move.
Bob
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 7:31 am    

Hey, Bob! I've sent you a bunch of emails, and never heard anything back. And I didn't have a phone number, either, since yours was broken. If you'll PM me, I'll put that check in the mail today, and I apologize.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 8:15 am    

Bob, I've sent you a PM, and an email. Maybe one or the other will get through. I have done you wrong, and I want to square that deal. And I'll take the Steel King, but you've gotta let me pay you first, before you ship it.
I always enjoyed talking to you. You're a good man. Send me a mailing address, and I'll put a check in the mail.
Again, I am sorry this happened. You know that I always paid you before, but this one fell through the cracks. And if you don't want my check, I'll be glad to send you a money order, or a bank check.
This may sound stupid to some people, But I am 100% glad that you reminded me. Please don't tear up your phone! I miss talking to you.
Folks, there's not a better man around than Bob Carter. I want to apologize to Bob here, on the Forum, and to the Forum itself, for my error.
Thank you.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2014 12:01 pm    

No email or PM from Bob, yet. Our Post Office will close in 1/2 hr. And if any of you know Bob, please, PLEASE tell him I'm trying to contact him.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 8:07 am    

Still no word from Robert Carter. I ask again, if any of you know him, please pass word along. I want to pay him--I NEED to pay him. Any of you that know me, know that I am a man of my word. I spent hours in here yesterday, calling all over and around Hollywood, Florida. I found the church where Bob used to attend. But the lady I talked to there said she hadn't seen him in months, and naturally, she would not give me any contact information. Bob, if you read this, I am trying to reach you, to pay you the 150.00 that I owe you. Didn't I pay you for all the other stuff I got from you? The microphones, stands, the mixing boards, the power amp, the 31-band EQ? I always paid you, and never tried to beat you down on your prices, either. Please contact me, so we can get this straightened out. How about this--If I haven't heard from you in a few days, I'll make a donation to the Forum, in your name. What about that?
Fellow Forum members--I want to, once again, apologize to you all. I have a pretty good reputation for paying my bills. Some of you may not like me, or the things I say--But if I ever bought anything from you, you got paid, didn't you?
Thanks,
God bless
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 12:29 pm    

Bob, you ain't acting right, brother. You posted my debt, here in public, and now, you're not responding. That, sir, is just as wrong as my unpaid debt. Maybe moreso. I have acknowledged the debt, I have told you that I want to pay that debt, and now, for two days, I've been trying to get in touch with you, or you, with me, and I have heard nothing. Was your intent to embarass me? If so, it worked. But I don't think you're doing yourself any good, either, by not offering me a chance to pay that debt. I have your money. I WANT to give it to you. My bank records show several checks that I'd sent you, during our other transactions. So, sir, I will speak to you, as you spoke to me.
YOU HAVE THE NEXT MOVE.
Steve
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2014 10:28 am    

One LAST PM, and one LAST email, have been sent, to Mr. Bob Carter. I will make no further attempt to get in touch with Mr. Robert Carter. Now, its up to him.
Robert, read and heed, my friend.
And never mind about that Steel King. I don't want it. I've found what I wanted somewhere else.

b0b, anytime you want to shut this thread down, is fine with me.
I apologize again to the Forum. Right now, I feel like I financed a Yugo, and I'm trying to pay it off.