| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender PA100
Chris Bauer

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2014 7:58 pm    

I have a a possible line on Fender PA100 as part of a gear swap. The guitar forums seem to give them a thumbs up with some easily-done mods. I can't recall anyone talking about using these for steel, though. Anyone have experience with them and do's and don'ts about mods?
Brett Lanier

Madison, TN
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2014 8:21 pm    

Here's an old thread where Ken Fox talks about modding one. http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1071514&sid=15765adc4bc9d00627899b2c448d56d1

I have one in my closet that I may or may not have turned into a cool amp one day. My idea was to have three channels, guitar, steel, and a high gain for lap steel. Maybe even put an analog delay in place of the first channel that you can just patch in or out of.
Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2014 4:52 am    

I have used a Fender PA100,an old Earth PA, and several Peavey PA heads as guitar amplifiers. I used a Boss 7 band EQ pedal and was able to get a great clean sound with just enough ooomph to get the gain I needed, while staying clean at high volume. I would not hesitate to experiment with this set up using a pedal steel, and your post has now got my brain spinning its wheels.