| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What amp for Dual Professionl?
Robert

Chicago
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2000 1:20 pm    

bbb:
I dunno what Cindy plays through, but it sounds like you're after an old tweed Fender Pro - maybe the TV-front with the 15" speaker. Nice sound with the warm distortion, etc. Period-correct. However I play a Dual Professional through a great old Twin Reverb. A much more powerful (read cleaner) amp, NOT period-correct, but I like the reverb and if I want to sound less clean, I roll off the treble at the guitar and that seems to give an "older" Western sound. I still see some old tweeds around, but who knows what's bee done to them . . . if they sound good, who cares, I guess. But you could buy a Victoria - they've got a 35-watt 1x15" that was a low, low $2025. last time I checked!LOL

Rob
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2000 2:01 am    

Cindy plays a "Stringmaster" or "Remington". You probably heard her Long scale Stringmaster; and those guitars will sound noticably different from a Dual Professional.
Smaller gigs, Cindy plays through a Twin; her larger gigs she uses a power amp rack through a couple of speaker boxes; but one thing will always sound the same is her Stringmaster.
I personaly play through a Blackface twin; but I have played through many different amps including the two you have; and the guitar sounds like the guitar I'm playing.
I liked the Vibrolux and Deluxe for the Fender guitars and any tube amp will create the best sound that particular guitar has to offer.

------------------
Ricky Davis

My Homepage
Rebelâ„¢ and Ricky's Audio Clips
www.mightyfinemusic.com
Email Ricky: sshawaiian@aol.com

Ky Ian

Post  Posted 26 Nov 2000 6:48 pm    

Thanks guys. I guess the Stringmaster might be the key ingredient. Long live Leon!