| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  **E9th beginner/interm West Texas Steel School April 11-12**
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2014 8:35 pm    

Just a note announcing that we are having a beginner to intermediate E9th class at the West Texas Steel Guitar School on April 11th & 12th. My guest teacher for this class is the Great Jim Loessberg. He helped me with a class last year and it was Excellent! He took a simple scale and showed 20 different ways to incorporate it into your playing and change it up. This class promises to be even better as I have learned much myself about the classes in the last 2 or 3 years. Please call me and consider attending the West Texas Steel Guitar School and bump up your playing to the next level.
Larry Toliver
Please check out my website at www.westtexassteelguitarschool.com
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 3 Feb 2014 5:07 am    

I have 2 students now for this E9th beginner to intermediate class. Also, if you are considering attending an E9th class....I will only have this class in April and then one more this year in September. Hopefully this will work out for your schedules. I have had 3 or 4 requests for an advanced E9th seminar.....and we may try this in September, if there is enough interest. Take care and keep on Steelin'.

Larry T
www.westtexassteelguitarschool.com
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 9 Feb 2014 8:30 pm    

Well....I just had some private lessons today with another steel student, and he also signed up for the April e9th class. We're going full steam ahead and doing lots of new material. Call me and tell me what you would like to learn in the class.....and we'll git er done just for you. I'm definitely here to help and support the steel guitar community. See yall down the road.
Larry Toliver
3255183947 cell
Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2014 5:47 pm    

Guys, give Larry a try. He'll have plenty of stuff worked up for you, but he'll also take the time to stop and explain anything you need help with. At the c6 school the other day he tabbed out some stuff we requested, and sent it to our email's so we'd have it to work with when we got home. We picked up tips on how to set up our guitars and all kinds of spur of the moment stuff. And he and lovely wife Susie will feed you well too. Also I think Jim Loessberg knows a little stuff that will help you.
Clinton Damron

Cleburne Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2014 4:14 pm    

If your going to have new material, I may interested in attending. Any chance of getting the tab from the last class that Jim taught us, since I haven't gotten any of it yet?

I'll be through Merkel tomorrow and would love to stop by for a few minutes.
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 16 Feb 2014 7:10 pm    

Clinton,
You got all of the tab that we had previously had prepared. The licks you were talking about were last minute Ad Lib licks that we showed you that we didn't have or planned to tab out. The licks were 5 notes going from a 5 chord to a 1 chord, then adding harmony to them and re-arranging them several different ways. If you remember most people recorded the licks on their phones, etc. If you do need them or didn't get them get with me and we will go over the ad libs.
Larry Toliver
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 17 Feb 2014 9:22 pm    

I've just added a few of the Buddy Emmons songs that are fairly easy and are the prettiest tunes to play. A few of them are: Midnight In Old Amarillo, My Weakness is Too Strong, and The Nameless Shuffle. I promise you'll get all you can work on at this school. Plus Jim Loessberg is tabbing out the Lloyd Green Classic:--Midnight Silence, which he played on his Cd. It's really getting nice for this class. I've got 3 paid up students so far....so c'mon down to the West Texas Steel Guitar School and Let's gear up!
Larry Toliver
325.518.3947 cell
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 19 Mar 2014 12:37 pm    

Looking forward to the class. I still have room for a couple of people. This one looks like a good class with lots of great material. If you're interested....Please give me a call.
Larry Toliver
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 5 Apr 2014 2:59 pm    

Just one last plug for the beginner/intermediate steel school in about 1 week. We have 4 students at this time and there will be plenty of individual hands on attention and close instruction. All day Friday and Saturday will immerse you in knowledge, understanding, and insights that will put you way ahead, develop skills, and increase your personal ability on the pedal steel. I look forward to meeting you and working with you personally. Call me anytime on my cell phone at 325.518.3947.
See you there!
Larry Toliver