| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A lesson in push-pull mechanics
Bob Muller

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2014 11:58 pm    

I recently purchased a beautiful used push pull Emmons guitar. The guitar is in excellent original condition showing very little wear and no abuse, but it just didn't seem to play the way I would like to. I started out doing a few minor adjustments myself which improved the playability but it still wasn't exactly what I would want. Today my good friend Lynn Stafford came over to see the guitar, we looked it over for a few minutes and then he offered to help me learn how to do some fine tuning. I believe we spent about three hours working on the guitar, doing several different adjustments and a couple of changes on the guitar. Lynn gave me a huge amount of information, and answered many questions that I had on setting up one of these guitars. By the end of the afternoon the guitar was playing like a dream, a huge difference from when I first sat down at the guitar. There was nothing major wrong with the guitar, just little fine adjustments in the set up which makes a world of difference in the way it plays. I can tell you he really knows how to fine tune one of these guitars. I feel very fortunate that he was able to spend this time with me and help me out with this project. We have many very knowledgeable people who live in the area, many of which have been over here to help me with different aspects of the steel guitar. I feel I'm very lucky to live in the midst of all of these people who can build, refinish, tune, and play the pedal steel with the best of them. I also purchased a guitar from Lynn some time ago, which by the way has performed flawlessly the whole time I have owned it. If you need service on your guitar I can guarantee he is a good man for the job. Again great thanks to Lynn, and everyone else in the area for all of the help!! Very Happy
Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2014 12:28 pm    

My only criticism of Lynn, as a gentleman and a mechanic, is that he lives way across the river instead of next door to me.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2014 5:01 pm    

bob..when are you gonna spray that emmons black?
Scott Hay

Portland, OR / Yucca Valley, CA USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2014 12:00 am    

chris ivey... too funny.

Bob, look forward to meeting your new addition to the family. Your stable's starting to look like the Kentucky derby. I'm glad you have your priorities straight. Very Happy
Bob Muller

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2014 9:54 am    

Chris,actually I think I should strip the butterflies off of the back and have a mural of a Harley and some biker chicks painted on instead. Then I'm sure it would sound much better.

Scott, what could possibly be more important than more guitars?? Laughing
Rick Schacter

Portland, Or.
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2014 9:28 pm    

Bob Muller wrote:
Chris,actually I think I should strip the butterflies off of the back and have a mural of a Harley and some biker chicks painted on instead.
:

I think you should paint the trucker mud flap girl on there.

Rick
Tom Lulias

Wyoming, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2014 6:40 am    

Hey Bob how about some pics.
Bob Muller

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2014 3:18 pm    

Tom, there are photos posted on the link below on page 11.

For The EMMONS LOVERS ( Lets see your Guitar)
[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 9, 10, 11 ]