| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  William Edward Vaughn
Scott Duckworth

Etowah, TN Western Foothills of the Smokies
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2014 8:46 am    

William Edward Vaughn, 75, of Athens,TN, passed away Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at Parkwest Hospital in Knoxville.

A native of Thompsonville, Ill., and a resident of TNRobertson County,T and McMinn County, TN, he was the son of the late Burferd Enis and Florence Irene Headley Vaughn. He was a member of Westview Baptist Church and loved to sing and play the steel guitar.

He was a quality control manager with Toshiba Corporation and Mills Products, and was preceded in death by his sister, Beverly Rotramel; and brother-in-law, Phillip Rotramel.

Survivors include his wife of 57 years, Ivie Newman Vaughn of Athens; three sons and one daughter-in-law, Michael Wayne and Vicki Vaughn of Lebanon, Mark Anthony Vaughn of Springfield, and Keith Evan Vaughn of Athens; two daughters and one son-in-law, Gayla Joyce and Shawn Bellamy of Greensbrier, and Kathy Lynn Stovall of White Bluff; 10 grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; three step-great-grandchildren; one niece, Debbie Rosenblum of Florida; and one nephew, Bruce Rotramel of Virginia.

Funeral services will be 7 p.m. Friday at Westview Baptist Church with the Rev. Keith Whited officiating. Burial will be 11 a.m. Monday in East Fork Cemetery in Thompsonville, Ill.

Condolences may be sent to www.laycock-hobbs.com

(NOTE: I was not acquainted with William.)
Cody Johnson

Cleveland, TN
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2014 12:47 pm    

I hate to hear of Bill's passing. He was a good steel player and a very nice person. He was always very friendly towards me. He will be missed. Keeping his family in my prayers.