| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hello steel bro's
Matt Butner

Decherd, Tennessee
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2014 10:50 pm    

Well after many years of playing music i finally have a steel guitar. I am very proud of it Very Happy. I have found some valuable information on the forum over the past few months and i want to thank everyone for all the information. I wanted to post some pics of my new guitar and add myself to the steel guitar community.

Joshua Gibson

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2014 11:50 pm     Here comes the welcome wagon!!!

Hey Matt, Let Me be the first to welcome You to Our little brotherhood Cool Cool Very Happy I hope You're prepared to go stark raving mad learning this thing Laughing just kidding!, I've been playing for about three years and I have yet to look back.

Also, That's one heck of a nice Williams You have there, great guitars and great folks to deal with as well.

Have fun(and don't pull too much hair out Smile).
Josh S Gibson.
Telonics, Zoom, BJS,
Goldtone BS, LITM, OS Dobros.
Fender, G&L, Gibson, Ibanez guitars.
Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2014 5:13 am    

Hi Matt. So that's the guitar you were talking about. WOW! You sure picked a nice one. It's absolutely beautiful! You're gonna have a blast with it.

And, yes, a great big WELCOME to you. A great adventure awaits you that will last a lifetime. Congratulations, my friend!!
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2014 5:43 am    

Nice guitar Matt! Welcome to the brotherhood of steel guitar fanatics.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jerry Van Hoose

Wears Valley, Tennessee
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2014 5:52 am    

Matt, welcome! Congratulations on the new Williams guitar, absolutely beautiful!
Matt Butner

Decherd, Tennessee
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2014 7:07 am    

Thanks everyone, and yes i have already wanted to pull my hair out haha. I have been having a blast already with this thing. I just wish i would have got one sooner. I will be using this forum and everyone's knowledge to help guide me along.
Mike- This is the one Very Happy i have been very pleased so far.
This Wiliams is really user friendly. I have been adjusting it to become as comfortable as possible. I did have to order some rod extenders because i am 6'2". There are enough adjustments that i can almost make it work though.
Ray Anderson

Jenkins, Kentucky USA
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2014 7:41 am    

Welcome aboard Matt! You are in the right place and whatever question or problem you will encounter, can and will be answered here. So don't be afraid to ask. One rule of thumb: Always have fun with it. Wink Happy Steelin'
Dennis Saydak

Manitoba, Canada
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2014 11:06 am    

Matt, you chose a winner and I love the rope inlay. Your's is a brother to mine.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2014 8:29 pm    

Nice looking axe Matt! I'm a big Williams fan.
Matt Butner

Decherd, Tennessee
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2014 10:40 pm    

Dennis that is a beautiful guitar Laughing I am really loving this thing. Only been at it less than a week but i have learned a lot so far. I almost have a solo down on an Alan Jackson song. It is so addicting, i have had to make myself get up from it, go to bed, take a shower, go to work ... haha. I just get lost in playing it.
John Jeffries

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2014 6:43 pm     Hello

Welcome aboard, Matt! This is a great place to "hang out" when you have to take a break from 'pickin' & grinnin' - and it looks like you will be doing plenty of that! That's a great looking steel, and I bet it sounds as good as it looks!
I can truthfully say that if it wasn't for this forum, I probably wouldn't have taken up the pedal steel. I played in country & bluegrass bands for years, and I always loved the sound of a steel, but I really got the bug to get into it when I discovered this forum, and became a member. There was just so much good information available and lots of help and encouragement from everyone. It's not an easy instrument to learn to play, but is sure gives you a lot of enjoyment and is one of the most satisfying, for sure.

Decherd, Tennessee
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2014 8:11 pm    

John, after finding this forum it was a done deal for me. Thanks for the welcome. I have already learned a bunch because of this forum, what a great place Very Happy