| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Value of GFI D-10...?
Dale Hansen

Hendersonville,Tennessee, (USA)
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2014 6:06 pm    

I just don't have the inclination, or desire to play these critters anymore.
Could somebody, possibly, please, give me a reasonable estimate on what a highly customized, (1- inch-lowered) GFI D-10, might bring, price-wise? I'm having some difficulty estimating it's value, by comparing it to current postings. By 'highly customized', I mean that it is very quiet, - very efficient, and playing at very close to it's maximum potential. It's the best playing, and recording guitar that I've ever had,...but, I simply don't need one any longer. I'd rather go fishing, than play it.
Since this photo was taken, I have powder-coated the levers in a 'chrome-type' powder finish.
Any of the pinstripes, or decals can come right off...I kinda like the 'faux' end-plates though. They give it a more 'completed' look.

**Please don't post any offers to buy it, until I post this up, officially, in the "For Sale" section. This is just an 'exploratory' thread, hopefully to get knowledgeable feedback about how to price it fairly...

**(I'm gonna continue to build my line of " Bess-Dang Gizmo's "- for the time being,..If they're still being requested.)
Thanks, D.H.

Hendersonville,Tennessee, (USA)
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2014 12:16 pm    

I called GFI today...
'They' (Bob), said that they couldn't help me figure out what a decent, fair, market price might be - Because, they generally only deal with 'new' guitars > to retailers.
So, I'm still in a limbo world here...
If you don't really want to post here, I understand...
But, feel free to PM, or E-mail, if you have ANY pertinent info about how this guitar might be valued.
Thanks, D.H.