| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  *** BK Butler Blue Tube II model RT-924 ***
Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2014 12:11 pm    

This is the 2 channel version with 2 12AX7 tubes for a great tube sound. It has the "steel mod" as verified by Genz-Benz techs. All the pots are quiet, and everything works as designed. Case has a few scuffs, but nothing major, and has been mounted in a rack.

There are lots of nice features. There's an input jack on the front and the rear for easy rack configuration. Several outputs are available as line and instrument levels via separate jacks (no switches involved). You have a set of Dry outputs and also "wet stereo outputs which include signal from the "mono-send/stereo-return" effects loop. This loop works great with stomp pedals, or line level effects devices.

The two channels can be run in series with each other(Stacked), or separately, allowing for two different instruments to be used. A footswitch jack for a two-switch pedal is available on the back panel to select channel 1 or 2, and to turn on/off the Stacked feature. No footswitch is included, but it takes a stereo plug like many other amps use.

Both my Gretsch Country Gent, and my steels sound great through it...real good range of tone control.

I will also email the schematics for this preamp to the purchaser. I couldn't find a user manual though. I went through this unit with a fine toothed comb, so to speak, and repaired all questionable solder connections, and inspected all components. Everything is in good shape. I am a qualified amp tech, by the way.

$225 plus shipping to CONUS only. No trades needed at this time. Paypal preferred, USPS Money Order is OK too.

Last edited by Mike Wheeler on 4 Feb 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2014 8:34 am    

For all you steelers looking for a pre-amp, this one is the best! I've used one of these for years. Very Happy
Darrell Beam

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2014 1:06 pm     Blue Tube Pre-Amp

Hi Mike,
Email sent
Thanks,
Darrell

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2014 2:45 pm    

Email reply sent, Darrell.
Edward LeVasseur

Maine, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2014 3:10 pm     BUtler Blue Tube Preamp

If yours sells Mike ,I might put mine up for sale also ,it's the Real tube RT922 Black front ,looks like yours

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2014 3:44 pm     Steve's blue tube by BK Butler

Marvin worked on my Blue tube found only a rear jack was rusted and not making good contact causing channel to cut out, it now works beautifully, sound is great coming out, glad I have one.
Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2014 4:05 pm    

You're right on, guys. I just can't handle a rack anymore so I'm downsizing. I hate to loose it, but ya can't keep everything. LOL!

Edward, I think it would sell pretty quick. Just be sure you want to part with it. They are real hard to replace, and not many other devices will give you the that tubey goodness like these do.

Steven, yeh, I know these are pretty popular with a bunch of pickers. There's not many on Ebay, either....and the ones that are there are usually real expensive.

Anyway, this baby is sold pending payment.