| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Craigslist find: Fender Double 10/10 (2000 maybe) Virginia
Justin Emmert

Greensboro, NC
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2014 8:55 am    

I have no affiliation with this. If you're interested, I'll be happy to help a forum member out any way I can since it's local.

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/msg/4251836379.html
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2014 10:27 am    

Here's a picture of it..........JH in Va.

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2014 12:37 pm    

Looks like the Fender 2000 I used to have. I traded it in at Chuck Levin's Washington Music in Wheaton MD on a new 71 Emmons D-10 PP. Maybe the same one, as it could have wound up in Virginia.

The Fender 2000 is a double 10 string. The Fender 1000 is a double 8 string.
Bonnie Saher

Squaw Valley Ca
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2014 11:47 am    

Hi I am a new member
I did call about this Fender and I am interested in it. He said he owned it for 35 years but hasn't played it much .He said it was in good condition, but I am worried if it has just been sitting?
He doesn't want to ship it, and I can understand that.
I don't know how to play but want to learn, and just missed one just like this on the forum for $600.00
Any help would be great, but it might be to much to ask.

[img]http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/userpix1205/13988_fromiphoneLryical120511001_2_1.jpg[/img][size=9][/size][size=7][/size][size=9][/size]
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2014 3:24 pm    

As a beginner, I would advise against one of the Fender's with the cable system (all the Fender's except one Sho-Bud built model).

Get a "modern" all pull system with rods.
Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2014 4:21 pm    

+1 on getting something more modern to learn on. The strengths of the old Fenders-sound and vintage cool factor- aren't necessarily useful to new players, and the weaknesses-cable system and copedent-can be troublesome. There are a lot of good used steels in the classifieds here, and if you're positioned to make the investment, some of the builders' entry-level models are excellent.
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2014 4:25 pm    

Quote:
I don't know how to play but want to learn...

In that case, I'd recommend looking for an S10 with 3+4. No use in starting on a double neck, and the cable Fenders are "fun but quirky", and probably more suited to someone who's familiar with their peculiar disadvantages.
Justin Emmert

Greensboro, NC
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2014 6:55 pm    

OP here- I agree with what the others have said here. I'm a beginner as well and figured this more of a collectors piece and just wanted to pass it on to forum members. I'll still help out as well as I can should you need it. I doubt if the gentleman can sell it in this area as there are very few steelers. I would pick it up and try to resell for a little profit, but my research shows no wiggle room at the current price. I
Jim Williams

Meridian, Mississippi, USA - Home of Peavey!
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2014 1:34 pm    

If I had it to do all over again, I would buy a new Zum Stage One or a good used one. When I checked the wait period on an order was about 1.5 - 2 months. You will have a good 3 / 4 setup that you won't have to work on or repair or spend money adding things. The new price on these is very reasonable and you can recover most of your investment if you decide to upgrade down the road.

Springfield, Missouri USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2014 12:54 pm     Fender pedal steel guitar

You are looking at the granddaddy of the modern pedal steel guitar by Fender, credit Gene Fields with the design and production oversight. What a tremendous contribution he has made to the pedal steel guitar.