| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Rittenberry SD-12 4 x 5 Woooooeeee
Del Walters

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 4:57 pm    

I just received my new Rittenberry SD-12 , I order from Gary Rittenberry at the Dallas show last March. Gary was able to finish my guitar early, as I had my Mullen stolen in October. ( I finally got my mullen back on Jan 2)
I had expectations of picking up the purple monster up at the 2014 Dallas show. As you can see, it is purple, or Amethyst. Did I say it was purple???

I earned my veterinary degree from KSU,(home of the wildcats-purple pride). I have always wanted a purple guitar, especially after Mickey Adams and I bought a purple Zum which Mickey refurbished.

I love the Rittenberry guitars I own. The professional service, dedication Gary Rittenberry, gives to his product is unsurpassed. Sounds wonderful to my ears, plays like buttar, stays in tune, and is the boutique made guitar in my opinion. Gary has surpass my expectations in what I requested in a extended e-9th guitar. Less than 2 cents of cabinet drop.

There are few small improvements that Gary made on my purple guitar. please take note of the fret board. Ask Gary about the changes in the changer, and yes you can order a tapped pickup which have in both of my Rittenberry guitars.
Thank you Gary, Doc

Mad
Rittenberry SD 12 Lacquer, Rittenberry SD 12, Mullen G2 Del Mullen Signature SD-12, "Fox Vintage Amp and vintage reverb",Steel Mixer, "BJS Bars" , Sanberg 7 string bass, Fender tele-#4,Strats-#1,Fender V USA bass#2 Gibson 335, etc, etc, 1 fully staffed and equip veterinary hospital,plus 5 Yorkies, and a tolerate 100 pound Rottweiler.

Last edited by Del Walters on 23 Jan 2014 9:17 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 5:45 pm    

NICE.

The new fretboard design is lovely.

What is the scale length? 24? 24&1/4?

It's great that got you Mullen back. Do you know who stole it, and how it was recovered?
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 7:32 pm    

Beautiful guitar, Del! Gary told me about getting the rights to the JCH fretboards. He does amazing work, for sure.
Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 11:00 pm     Rittenberry

Very sharp looking steel, always liked the fretboards on my friend's JCH too. I've sold my SD-10 Ritt and bought a D-10 Ritt about 6 months(?) ago. As you say , Gary is a top flight builder and the best at customer care and service. Best wishes.

Skip Smile
Tommy Minniear

Logansport, Indiana
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2014 7:18 am     Statement Regarding the new Fretboard on Rittenberry Steels

In reference to the new fret boards being used on the Rittenberry steel guitars: the fret board was originally designed by Jimmie Crawford for the JCH steel guitar. Jimmie Crawford along with Duane Marrs were Gary’s mentors. Gary always admired the JCH fret board. In a couple of discussions that Gary and I had while he was in the process of building my JCH guitar after Jimmie’s passing, which was done with Elsie Crawford’s blessing and approval, we agreed on our mutual admiration of the fret board design on the JCH steel guitars. We felt it would be a fitting tribute to Jimmie Crawford if Gary was to revise the use of this fret board on his guitars and let it be known that it was being done in tribute with a “tip of the hat” to Jimmie.

It was then that Gary and I approached Elsie with our thoughts and desire to use this fret board design on Gary’s Rittenberry steel guitars. At this time an agreement was reached and Gary was granted the exclusive rights to begin doing so.
It should be noted that due to neck dimensions, although the same scale -24 ¼ inch, the “new” fret board on Gary’s Rittenberry steel guitars are of a different size pertaining to width and taper; than the original fret board Jimmie Crawford used on his JCH steel guitars. Therefore they will not interchange.
Anyone wishing to obtain “new” JCH fret boards with the original dimensions can do so by contacting either Elsie Crawford or myelf with a JCH serial number through Gary’s website: www.rittenberrysteelguitars.com ; where we have a website page that is in tribute to Jimmie Crawford and also his CDs and teaching material available, along with an email address and ordering information.
Tim Johnson

Cadiz, KY, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2014 3:47 pm    

Congradulations, I picked mine up back in December and I'm loving it, I saw the body of yours when I was there. Enjoy
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2014 4:40 pm    

l like the jch art...and especially the purple paint.
Del Walters

Milford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2014 8:26 am    

ttt
Rittenberry SD 12 Lacquer, Rittenberry SD 12, Mullen G2 Del Mullen Signature SD-12, "Fox Vintage Amp and vintage reverb",Steel Mixer, "BJS Bars" , Sanberg 7 string bass, Fender tele-#4,Strats-#1,Fender V USA bass#2 Gibson 335, etc, etc, 1 fully staffed and equip veterinary hospital,plus 5 Yorkies, and a tolerate 100 pound Rottweiler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2014 2:51 pm    

Y O U D O G G G G G !!!!! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2014 2:54 pm    

mickey is ecstatic.
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2014 5:10 am    

Bring that Grape to Dallas, I wanna see it!!!
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2014 3:23 pm    

Del, that thing is PLUM pretty. Wanted to come to Dallas this year, but not gonna make it. Larry
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2014 3:25 pm    

Aww Larry! We are gonna miss you guys this year... I ll be back up to see you this summer!!! Mick
Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2014 10:34 am    

Del,
Ours are the same color and trim. I love the color, the action is like butter, and the tone/separation is awesome. Hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2014 3:49 pm    

Great Mick...