| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Moonbeams - A Study In Mooney-isms
Mike Headrick

South Pittsburg, TN, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2014 10:18 am    

www.MikeHeadrick.com

Anouncing the release of Part One and Part Two of "Moonbeams / A Study in Mooney-isms".

Hear "Mooney Had His Back" and "Moon's Medley"
click here

This is an open ended course in learning Ralph's style. "Mooney Had His Back" is a song I wrote and recorded in 2010 as a tribute to Ralph. Waylon's brother (Tommy) sang the song and I played steel on it from top to bottom. Several threads about the song appeared here on the forum and I had more than a few requests to tab out the steel parts. Well, here it is!

Part Two is another tune I recorded on the "Moonshine" tribute CD I released in 2010. It is a medley arrangement of Intros and instrumental breaks Ralph played on the album he recorded in 1982 with The Country Drifters titled "Country The West Coast Way". Moon was on top of his game and the album contains some of the best examples I've ever heard of Ralph's many faceted style and his genius.This medley is 5:10 ong and by the time you finish learning with the tab you will have Mooney-isms running out your ears! The same is true for "Mooney Had His back".

Each package comes with a professionally duplicated CD of the instrumental and the rhythm tracks at normal speed and also versions that have been slowed down so that you can discern every note and play along until you build your speed to the point of playing along with the normal track. "Mooney Had His Back" also has normal and slowed tracks with the vocal left in.

Read more and get ordering info here:'

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=259194

South Pittsburg, TN, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2014 4:22 am    

I will have these Moovbeams and also all the Ultimate Rhythm tracks with me in Dallas next month.