| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SSSGC meeting report
Norma Jean Lucas

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2014 6:28 am    

If you weren't there you missed a good day of music, food and fellowship! Smile We had a good turnout this month with steel players: Jimmy Dreadfulwater, Rick Nicklas, Larry Garrett, Virgil Pittman, Gerald Sparks, Mike Spaeth, Tony Tipton and Beverly Harris. The backup band: drums Clark Cox, rhythm Donley Harrington and myself on bass. We had great vocals with Larry, Gerald, Donley and Jimmy helped on harmony. David Starr dropped in and played drums giving Clark a very brief rest. Cool A big thanks for Tony on making the deer chili which was enjoyed by all. Also Connie Harrington ( Donley's wife) for the great tasting sugar cookies. As you see no pictures as our great photogher was absent. Bill you were missed. We even played some different songs which aren't normally played which made it more challenging and I loved it!
Hope to see everyone next month!
Rick Nicklas

Verona, Mo. (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2014 8:26 am    

Norma Jean, I had a blast. Your club has the warmest friendly people and atmosphere of them all. I thought I was having the most fun there until I saw Jimmy Dreadfulwater. I think he has the most fun anywhere he goes and he makes everyone feel like they are all family. If I can get another "Visitor's Pass" I'm going to try and get Charlie Steichen from the Branson Club to come down and visit with you guys.
Norma Jean Lucas

siloam springs ar
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2014 10:44 am    

Thank you Rick and you always have a visitor's pass! We want to make everyone feel at home. Charlie is always welcome too. Jimmy always has fun no matter where he is or what he's doing. I was impressed by your Mooney's licks. I tell Virgil that he has those licks too. We appreciate everyone who helps to keep our club growing.
Larry Garrett

Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2014 11:44 am    

We had a very enjoyable day for sure!...not to mention the weather was good, even though it was windy that's better than ice and snow! Very Happy
Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2014 3:41 pm    

Had a real good time ! Love to listen and learn from all the other steel players. Enjoyed all the singing and getting to hear Earnest Tubb again! (Gerald Sparks ) .
Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2014 9:26 am    

Sure did hate to miss but we had company come in so had to stayhome
Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2014 9:28 am    

Sure did hate to miss but we had company come in so had to stayhome