| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic

If Bob Watson were given his own TV show, should it be a reality show, an unreality show, a Sunday morning fishing extravaganza or an excuse for him to tell every joke he's ever learned since he was 14?
Or all of the above.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Or none of the above
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Author Topic:  Oxford, St. Louis and Urbana
David Easley

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2014 7:21 pm    

I wanted to let people know I'm headed up north in a few weeks to do some gigs. Hope to see some of you along the way somewhere!
Hope I don't freeze!

Sunday, Jan. 26, 5 pm, Taylor Grocery, a nice family restaurant just south of Oxford MS. I'll be by myself with a loop station. directions copied from their website are below.

Monday, Jan. 27, 8-11 pm, BB's Soups and Blues, 700 S Broadway, St Louis, MO 63102 (314) 436-5222 - with Dave Black - guitar, Kyle Honeycutt - drums, Marc Torlina - bass.

Tuesday, Jan 28, Tavern of Fine Arts, 313 Belt Ave, St Louis, MO 63112
(314) 367-7549 - duo with Dave Black - guitar.

Wednesday, Jan 29, The Iron Post, Urbana IL 7-10 pm. 120 S Race St, Urbana, IL 61801 (217) 337-7678 with Bob Watson - guitar, Michael Powers - world beat percussion.

I'm really looking forward to playing with these wonderfully gifted friends of mine! Here are directions to the Taylor Grocery copied from their site:

If you get directions using a GPS, there is a good chance you will end up at a cemetery in the middle of nowhere. For some reason, that is what we find happens many times people put in the address in their navigation systems.  We will try to put some good directions here for you.

From Highway 6 East or West, you take Old Taylor Road and go south.  (Old Taylor Road is the road in Oxford that the Ole Miss baseball stadium is on)  You will drive south for 7.2 miles.  The road T's, so you will have to turn.  Turn left.  We are right there in front of you.

If you are coming in from Highway 7 and are traveling from north to south, go past the Oxford exits, continue south on 7 until you see a sign for HWY 328.  You will be turning right onto 328.  Stay on 328 for 3.35 miles.  The road sort of makes a Y.  Take CR 335 (also called Cut Thru Road).  When you get to the stop sign (about a mile), turn right.  We are just down the road.  Can't miss us.  If you are coming up from south and are on 7, when you get to the stop  sign to turn either onto HWY 9W or left onto 7--stay left onto 7.  About 2 miles up the road, you will see HWY 328, but you will be turning left onto it.  Same directions from there.  Thanks.

If you have problems with these directions, please give us a call at 662-236-1716, and we will give you good directions for getting here. 
Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2014 6:58 am    

alright there...
weather permitting, I will try for the oxford date.
are you covered for the night before?
I am in the delta about a hundred and 20 miles soutwest of taylor grocery.
it might be something around here if you need a tune-up gig similar to what you are doing at the grocery.
just a thought.....
pm me if so.......
country jack.....
David Easley

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2014 8:08 am     Thanks!

Thanks for the offer, Jack! Maybe the next time we could work something out? I've got a New Orleans gig with The Quickening the night before but I really appreciate the thought!
Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2014 9:38 pm    

I'm looking forward to the gig. I always have a great time giggin' with Dave and I haven't worked with Michael Powers in a long time. Both of them are world class players. What a great crew.