| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Noel Boggs " Blues Boogie"
Tele

Andy W. - Wolfenbuettel, Germany
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2000 1:30 pm    

Hi

does anyone knows which tuning Noel used on this one? Seems so low, or was it "neck hopping"??

Andy

------------------

ShoBud Gallery

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2000 9:11 pm    

I had the opportunity observe Boggs when he was here in town a hundred years or so ago.
He had a 4-neck non pedal Fender of some kind. He constantly hopped from neck to neck in order to get the fat chords that he wasn't getting in his primary tuning...and used no less than three of them in a single tune. The "A6th" seemed to be his favorate at that time.
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2000 2:25 pm    

You may have heard this story, but it bears repeating. Yes, he did use a 4 neck Fender as Ray mentioned. It was black with the serial #001....the first 4 neck Stringmaster Fender made. Noel offered to swap that guitar for my brand new Custom 3 neck, plus $100.00 back in 1954 thereabouts. $100.00 in those days was as much as a thousand today and we were newly married. As much as I wanted to make the swap, my wife wisely suggested "eating" would go a long way in keeping our marriage together (which it has for 48 years now.) I wonder what became of that Stringmaster....it had "Noel Boggs" scrolled in white lettering across the front. Anyone know where it is ? Should be in a museum...first 4 neck, a great owner.