| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Using 'B' Pedal with Left knee Right
Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2013 10:36 am    

I currently have My E' levers split on different legs. I use B pedal with my E lower Lever (on my right leg at the moment) all the time. My problem is that I am going back to an Emmons setup with E's on the Left and I imagine I will have trouble hitting just the B pedal while using the E lever. Keep in mind this is for B and C pedal licks where I will be rocking onto the C pedal. Is this more comfortable than I am anticipating or is it a pain in the but? Thanks

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2013 10:52 am    

It's a slightly awkward move, but practice makes it easier.
I can see such a move having uses on your Emmons, but it seems less useful if you move to An all pull guitar.
Tom Gorr

Three Hills, Alberta
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2013 11:15 am    

What is your rationale for changing away from e lower on the rk??? I know everyone has a philosophy with respect to their e knee lever placement, but if you currently have your e lower on rkl, maybe rkr is a better place for it...?
Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2013 1:05 pm    

Well I have always had the E's on my left leg until I bought my most recent guitar, which is an emmons push pull. It is a hassle and a half to change the copedent on this guitar so I just got used to it that way. I am now moving back to an all pull guitar and It has my familiar Emmons setup on it. I guess if its too much trouble being on the left knee for me I can easily change the cope on this particular all pull (Mullen RP)
.THanks
-Jeff

Springtown Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2013 2:26 pm    

For years I had my E's on my left leg then switched to my right. It only took a very short time for me to get used to it. It ain't no thang.

St. Petersburg, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2013 2:51 pm    

Forever I had my E's on the right and moved them to the left a couple of years ago. No issues with using the B pedal with the LKR. My joints are 40 years older than yours. I do like the E lower on LKR and not on the same side as the volume pedal. It all works.