| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Apostle" Paul Martin CD/DVD Project
Paul Martin

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 1:14 pm    

Just wanted to post on the forum that my new CD/DVD is available for purchase at http://www.martinfamilycircus.com/site/ . It will also be available at the Marty Stuart store in a few days too, and I will have it on iTunes shortly. I want to warn you that it is extremely traditional country music that features Mr. Gary Carter on steel,.It also features one of my musical mentors; My Uncle Ed Shoemaker playing a steel that he and my dad built back in the 60's. I am also playing my old Sho-Bud on quite a few tracks too which was a lot of fun for me. I must admit it is very intimidating for me to play steel when I think about guys like Gary or Paul Franklin, Tommy White, Mike Johnson, Lloyd Green, or Buddy Emmons (and many more...) who blow my doors off, but I just had to look at it from another perspective. As Briscoe Darling would say "Just let your thumb hang free. and enjoy the music!" Smile. We start taping season 6 of the Marty Stuart Show tomorrow and the first episode airs January 11. Marty and the Superlatives are doing their part to "champion" traditional country music, and we really appreciate everybody on the forum for the support.

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2013 7:30 pm     Re:

Paul Martin wrote:
We start taping season 6 of the Marty Stuart Show tomorrow and the first episode airs January 11. Marty and the Superlatives are doing their part to "champion" traditional country music, and we really appreciate everybody on the forum for the support.

And what a fine job you are doing. Thanks to all of you!

Looking forward to listening and watching, both the new CD/DVD and the television episodes.

Isn't that a Rambler American? Is it Mitt Romney behind the wheel?
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2013 12:34 pm    

Hey Paul, I really love watching you guys on the Marty Stuart show. I play every Saturday night but I always set my VCR so I don't miss it. You guys always seem to be having the greatest time in the world, I wish the show was longer! One of my favorite episodes was when your son played the show's Theme Song on his electric guitar. I'll say the boy's a great little picker and I'm sure you're very proud of him. It really cracked me up when he started doing that run down over the top of the neck with his fingers.... I think you have a very musical family............JH in Va.

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2013 4:32 pm    

marty shows are archived here:
http://www.ihigh.com/themartystuartshow/
Daniel McKee

Corinth Mississippi
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2013 3:11 pm    

Hey Paul I just got your cd in the mail today and it sounds great. I really like how you included pieces of old radio recordings. Everything was great and I hope to see more recordings from you in the future.
Paul Martin

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2013 6:06 pm    

Thanks Daniel!! I appreciate you buying it too. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and hope you have a great 2014!!!!