Post  Posted 11 Sep 2013 10:58 am    

Here are a few motel #'s and rates.
Magnuson - exit 71 I-57 Benton (618) 439 3183 $49.95
Super "8" exit 71 I-57 Benton (618) 438 8205 $49.95
Rend Lake Resort exit 77 I-57 (618) 629 2211 $60.00
Season's Lodge exit 77 I-57 (618) 629 2600 $69-79
Lake Cove Resort exit 77 I-57 (855) 404 2683
*Brand new, rates are $60. I'm told.
Once again players confirmed are; Buck Reid, Tommy White, Ron Elliott,Doug Jernigan, Lynn Owsley, Eddie Dunlap, Shannon Todd and the ole legend himself, Jim Vest. I talked with Mike Johnson and his being there depends on taping schedules in November. He should know if yea or nay soon.
There will be lots of GREAT singers also this year including Amber Martin, David Chamberlain, Dottie Jack, Tom Campbell, my lovely wife Mary Lou Reed and many many more. Lots of very good local players also and as usual a great Nashville band. Thanks in advance for being there with your support....Bobby (615) 419 9642

Last edited by Bobby D. Reed on 19 Sep 2013 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Lyle Clary

Decatur, Illinois, KC9VCB
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2013 5:49 pm    

The highlight of my year seeing old friends and meeting new.
Dennis Wireman

North West Indiana 47978
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2013 4:12 am     Stars & Steels info

Folks bobby puts on a great show come and enjoy. I will have some pedal steels, amps, tuners, acc. etc. stop by and see what I have and would be glad to meet you. I also talked with personal at the Lake Cove Resort exit 77 I-57 855 404 2683 New Hotel and they said they would do 60.00 + taxes for this fantastic steel show. Looking forward meeting old friends and new ones. What a line up bobby's got check them out. Whoa!
Lyle Clary

Post  Posted 18 Sep 2013 1:14 pm    

As Dennis Wireman said the Lake Cove Resort rates are $60. I made my reservation.
Bobby D. Reed

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2013 6:18 am     Stars & Steel guitars

Thanks for the updates guys. I should be posting the line-ups in about 10 days. I'm waiting on 2 more confirmations.
Anyone interested in renting a vendor's space they are $125 for 3 days wich includes 2 three day passes. If you do the math the booth is almost free so I hope many of you take advantage of that.
Also our usual variety show will continue on Thursday the 7th so anyone wishing to sing is welcome to show up early and sign in.
I've had questions about prices. AT THE DOOR: Thursday $14, Friday $22, Saturday $25. Advance(which you can reserve simply by calling me at 615 419 9642) $12 Thursday, $20 Friday and $22 Saturday or $50 for all 3 days. I intend to beef up the Thursday show with a hall of famer and a world famous singer-song-writer to close the evening.
Once again thanks to all for your interest and support and special thanks to bOb and the forum for allowing this message....Bobby
Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2013 6:20 am     Stars & Steel guitars

Thanks for the updates guys. I should be posting the line-ups in about 10 days. I'm waiting on 2 more confirmations.
Anyone interested in renting a vendor's space they are $125 for 3 days wich includes 2 three day passes. If you do the math the booth is almost free so I hope many of you take advantage of that.
Also our usual variety show will continue on Thursday the 7th so anyone wishing to sing is welcome to show up early and sign in.
I've had questions about prices. AT THE DOOR: Thursday $14, Friday $22, Saturday $25. Advance(which you can reserve simply by calling me at 615 419 9642) $12 Thursday, $20 Friday and $22 Saturday or $50 for all 3 days. I intend to beef up the Thursday show with a hall of famer and a world famous singer-song-writer to close the evening.
Once again thanks to all for your interest and support and special thanks to bOb and the forum for allowing this message....Bobby
Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2013 6:23 am     Stars & Steel guitars

Lyle Clary

Post  Posted 22 Sep 2013 1:58 pm    

bump
Dennis Wireman

North West Indiana 47978
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2013 4:16 am     Stars show

Man what a line up getting closer can't wait bobby puts on a great show Will have steels, amps, guitars, and accessories be sure and stop by and check us out.
Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2013 6:32 am     Stars and Steel Show

STARS & STEEL GUITARS CONCERT
Nov. 7, 8, 9, 2013
Benton Civic Center
Hudelson St.
Benton IL 62812
Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 3 Oct 2013 1:42 pm     Stars & Steel Guitars

Thanks Clark for the bump. It's only a month away. I'm still waiting on a couple of confirmations so I can post the line-up. (schedule). Will post soon. Don't forget to call or email me if you want advance prices at the door. Just state name, number of guests and how many days attending. Thanks to all in advance....Bobby 615 419 9642
Dan Carr

Bucyrus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2013 11:38 am     Stars and Steel Guitars Show

Hi Bobby!
Got our reservations in today. See you on Nov. 7th.
Dan
Michael T. Hermsmeyer

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2013 8:10 pm    

Wow! I would have loved to have been a part of this great show, whether as a player or spectator!!! But I actually have shows four nights that week already!!!

It gonna be a great one!!!

God Bless!!!

Michael T.
'73 EMMONS D10 FATBACK, '92 EMMONS D10 LASHLEY LEGRANDE, Bray Resonator Guitar,'95 DOBRO F60S, '85 Dobro 60DS, '95 MELOBAR CUSTOM, 1948 National Grand Console D-8, 1951 Supro Clipper S-6. EVANS, FENDER, PEAVEY,
and MESA BOOGIE Amps...

www.onemancountryshow.com

www.facebook.com/utilityman2000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lyle Clary

Post  Posted 9 Oct 2013 6:16 am    

Stars and Steel Guitars
Benton Civic Center
414 W Hudelson St
Benton Il 62812
For all you GPS guys and gals
Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2013 7:52 am     Stars & Steel Guitars

I'm still working on the schedule (line-up) as I've had a cancelation which I have replaced and I've had some players who needed a different time slot so I'll soon have it worked out and posted.
Thanks again to all for your interest and support....Bobby
Lyle Clary

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2013 9:36 am    

I stopped at the Lake Cove Resort on my way back from Texas Saturday. I checked out the rooms and they are wonderful and the staff is real friendly. That's where I will stay even tho it is a few miles North of town.
Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 15 Oct 2013 7:05 am     Stars & Steel Guitars

I regret that due to many problems Tommy White will not be there this year.I believe Tommy regrets this as much or more than we do. I can't reveal all the circumstances as I gave my word however he had NO CHOICE in his decision to cancel.He also promised to be there next year no matter what.
I have made contact with 3 very well known players who could nicely fill the slot and one of them will do so.
I asked Big Jim Vest to tell from the stage how he came up with so many signature licks on so many records and he has agreed to show us his secrets. Don't miss this event.
Motel #s and my number is listed early in this post so contact me with any questions you might have....Bobby
Dan Carr

Bucyrus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2013 2:04 pm    

Bobby,
Post some start-stop times for each day so we know when to get there.. we'll already be on the road and need to know how close we have to be to get there on time for Thursday.. I think you told me it starts at 10 am. I have an 8 hour drive from Ohio..
Dan
Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 21 Oct 2013 6:20 am     Stars & Steels info on rooms & players, Benton ,Il Nov 7-8&9

The plan is to begin around 11:30 AM on Thursday the 7th and 10:00 AM on both Friday and Saturday the 8th & 9th. I will post more line-up info soon. I'm still adjusting to some time switching and cancelation replacements. But I assure you we have some great entertainment in store for all. Each day's show will end around around 11:00 PM unless a jam gets started and interest is still strong.
See you all in November....Bobby
Dennis Wireman

North West Indiana 47978
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2013 4:02 am     Stars & Steels Show

Getting excited for the show at
Stars and Steel Guitars
Benton Civic Center
414 W Hudelson St
Benton Il 62812
November 7, 8 , and 9th
Folks you don't want to miss this Bobby puts on a great show. Come on out and enjoy the fantastic music, fellowship and check out the vendors. Looking forward to a good time
Bobby D. Reed

Post  Posted 3 Nov 2013 2:18 pm     Stars & Steel Guitars

It won't be long now. Michael, I wish we had talked earlier and I would have had you on this show and made you a big part of it. You are still very welcome to be there and maybe there'll be a spot or two if you'd like to play.
I've been busy trying to make final arrangements so just let me say again to all who support this show and those who have helped to make it possible thank you, thank you thank you. Carl, Lyle, Lindell, Jeanita, John, Aleshia, Phyllis, Mary, you all know who you are. Thanks again....Bobby
Carl Kilmer

East Central, Illinois
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2013 5:06 am    

WOW! Show starts tomorrow. Hope to see you there. Very Happy
I'm really excited about this one. I always see so many
of my friends and gain many more at Bobby's shows.