| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PP knee lever question
Rick Tyson

Ohio
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2003 8:23 pm    

I have wanted to change my LKR (Es to D#) to the RKL (E to D#) so on my Carter it was about a 30 minute job.
My Emmons PP was a different story since I have no experience making adjustments on a PP.
Actually it was a learning experience for me. I turned the PP over & examined each pull rod, the stops, springs, adjusters Etc. while activating each one. I soon deducted that this was not possible without some major re-rodding, drilling Etc. on my S-10. But being one to find a way, I did move the lever to the RKL in about 3 hours with some blood, sweat and a few nasty words so I am happy now & I know a heck of a lot more about the PP system.
I was wondering how many others have this lever RKL on thier PPs & was or is it a special rodding or set up on your PP??
C Dixon

Duluth, GA USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2003 7:00 am    

Rick,

'Tis true that P/P's are often more difficult to change setups than All-pulls. And I am sure you found out why. For experienced P/P's pros like Bobby Bowman Bobbe Seymour, et al, I am sure they could have done it in less than 3 hours.

But even here I believe they would agree that "lowers" can sometimes present quite a challenge on P/P's.

In a word, "you are working on the wrong side of the crossbars". IMO

The other problem is the bellcranks cannot be installed (or removed) without removing the crossrods. While this is true on some all-pulls, more and more are going the Emmons' route where they can be removed or added without removing the crossbars. So P/P's leave one scratching their heads from time to time.

May God bless you in your quests,

carl
Rick Tyson

Ohio
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2003 9:05 am    

Carl, you hit the nail on the head, the main problem with moving the lever to the RKL was working the wrong side of the crossbar for this set-up,
thanks friend & bless you