| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  weight of a peavey 2000 amp.
Jr. Watts

Calico Rock Ar.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2013 7:49 pm    

I am looking at a Peavey 2000 that a forum member has for sale. If it is not to much trouble, could some one give a estimate on the weight of the amp. I am thinking that my peavey session 400 limited weights around 71 pounds. Hoping the 2000 would be lighter. Thanks in advance..Jr. Watts Smile

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2013 7:50 pm    

Those weigh less than a standard size pickup truck, but not much else.
Jr. Watts

Calico Rock Ar.
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2013 7:55 pm    

your saying that I would need a lift to load in in the back of my not so stock pickupl Laughing

Gum Spring, Va.
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2013 3:25 am    

The Nashville 1000 weighs in at 57 pounds, may have to add a pound or two for the on board processor in the '2000'. If you replace the stock BW speaker with the Eminence EPS-15C, it should shave off around five pounds or more and still maintain (or perhaps improve) the tone..
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2013 5:21 am    

Amp weight is 56 lbs. I just sold one and weighed it on my commercial scales in the shop. As it does npot have a reverb tank, I suspect it would weight a bit less than a Nashville 1000. A N112 weights right at 43 pounds. So that is not all that heavy of an amp, especcialy compared to an older Session 500 Very Happy
Jr. Watts

Calico Rock Ar.
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2013 7:24 pm    

Thanks to all who replied about the weight of the peavey 2000. I was looking around today and came up with a 4 space rack with an ETA power conditioner and a peterson rack mount tuner in it. I already have a trans tube fex and 2 12" black widows with new baskets out of a Peavey VTX series amp.I think I may try to build a rack system when I find a 1 space power amp.I am going to see if I can build my own cabinets. New experiences never stop. Keeps my brain busy. thanks again everyone. Jr. Watts