| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Sho Bud LDG was stolen this morning in Seattle!
Matt Pynn

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2013 8:12 pm    

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to put it out there for anybody in the Seattle area, I had about $9000 worth of gear stolen from the back of our rental vehicle parked in a gated lot at the holiday inn by the airport in Seattle this morning. I lost a Sho-Bud LDG in a white custom made flight case, as well as a fiesta red Bill Nash Tele in a gig bag and a large pelican case with my pedalboard, volume pedal, picks, bars, tuner.... All gone. In anyone sees any of the pieces popping up in a music store, pawn shop or Craigslist please let me know. I am out on tour right now and am leaving Seattle tomorrow to fly back to Boston first thing in the morning. I would also like to mention the extreme kindness of Paul Brainard for loaning his whole rig to me for my gig in Portland tonight. It was a tremendously nice thing to do for a complete stranger! Thanks again Paul!!
Dave Harmonson

Seattle, Wa
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2013 8:30 pm    

Damn I hate hearing this.
I'll keep eyes and ears open.
Who are you touring with?

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2013 8:57 pm     Can't Stand a Thief.

Really sorry to hear this. I lost all of my stuff in Houston, TX., at a Holiday Inn in '76, and it was an inside job. A friend with the HPD, found out about it to late to find any of our equipment. But I was told the management, some of whom were caught up in a sting operation, had been stealing from patrons of the hotel. It could be something to look into, especially if there's been a lot of thefts in that lot. HOPE YOU FIND YOUR GEAR!!!!!!
Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 1:54 am    

Holiday Inn by the airport. Does sound like an organized job, doesn't it? So sorry to hear this, I suffered something similar years ago and it is devastating. It is good to hear of the kindness of strangers in a time of need and hopefully this level of theft will warrant a decent level of investigation by the necessary agencies.
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 5:10 am    

That is terrible news. I hope it is located quickly and in good shape as well. I just have no use for anyone who steals, whatever it is.
Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 8:05 am    

Once again,I feel a twinge of regret at the demise of that delightful Old West tradition known as "The Neck-Tie Party". Mad
Storm Rosson

Silver City, NM. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 8:25 am    

Mad I'm with Dave...string 'em up... Devil
Paul Brainard

Portland OR
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 10:03 am    

Keeping an eye open for it, won't be easy for them to unload without being noticed. . . sounded great on the gig! Nice to hear my steel from out front being made to sound so good. . . Safe travels & thanks for helping me out as well!!

ps I just saw your other post that you did Always Patsy Cline, I also just did a run of that out here, for the second time. Fun show!
Pete Burak

Portland, OR USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 10:38 am    

Sorry to hear of the stolen gear.
What Band are you with, Matt?
Sorry I missed you guys last night.
Where did you play?
Pete
Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 12:45 pm    

Grateful and appreciative to hear of Paul's thoughtfulness. And extremely sad to hear of your loss and yet another person who can live with predation as a career. Hoping you get all your gear back in good shape. Very best wishes.
Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 1:35 pm    

I'll be scanning the Craigslist postings in Sacramento and the SF Bay Area. It would be helpful if you could provide photos of the gear stolen. Maybe you have some shots of you playing on stage. Don't want to tip off the thief, but hopefully he isn't monitoring the forum.
Paul Brainard

Portland OR
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 1:40 pm    

Man I've been helped out of pinches so many times on the road, I'm very glad to pass it along (thankfully never anything so heartbreaking. . ) I know Pete or any number of other players in town would have done the same if they got the call! And, it turned out Matt was able to take a steel back home with him that I needed to get to someone out east, who has kindly agreed to let him borrow it for a couple weeks - so hopefully that will help him bridge the gap while doing us a huge favor as well!

The group's leader was Melissa Ferrick, I wasn't really hip to her before but she's a great singer & songwriter from Boston, with a totally pro trio backing her up. Really good show, topped off by Matt's very tasteful Tele and E9 picking. Everything he played was just exactly what was called for. Sure didn't seem to be hampered by missing & unfamiliar gear. . .

I believe they lost all of their merch as well so keep your eyes open for a fire sale of her CD's and T-Shirts, they might be bread crumbs that lead to the main haul. . .
Charles Curtis

Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 3:27 pm    

It's too bad that things are the way they have become in recent years. I think that today, if I was doing a gig somewhere, I'd get a 4 wheel cart, like John Hughey had and take all my stuff where ever I'd go. Yes, even to the bathroom. I look at it this way; I'll never see any of these people again anyhow. IMO a lock just slows people down.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2013 4:28 pm    

I find that Hotels/Motels are more than happy to let you use a luggage cart (if they have one) to bring your stuff into your room. I also have one of the Rock-N-Roller carts, but it is too bulky when folded up. I use a small hand truck that folds up flat now. Of course, it now takes 2 trips.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Matt Pynn

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2013 6:30 am     Thanks Paul

Paul, It was a pleasure to play your rig the other night in Seattle! That Fessenden sounds great! And man, I know I didn't use it during the show, but that Ross Phaser is the best I've ever heard!

I can't thank you enough for helping me out in a pinch, as well as helping me out for the next few weeks! Thanks Rob as well!

Really was a pleasure to meet you!
Matt Pynn

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2013 6:38 am     pics of stolen gear

Here are some pictures of the gear that was stolen.

Matt Pynn

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2013 7:03 am     Like Paul said I was with Melissa Ferrick

Like Paul said I was with Melissa Ferrick, on tour for a couple of days, when this happened. I really enjoy the gig a lot, this was an unfortunate occurrence.
Here is a link to a clip of Melissa with the band, I'm playing my LDG in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVh3sCSE6K0
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2013 5:13 pm    

guys, if you are on the road , get your gear insured, it costs a few bucks a month, but it is well worth if it gets stolen.

Db

ps

that's a dang nice old LDG, I bet it has a tone to the bone as well