| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  power strip on pac seat??
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 4:58 pm    

I've never owned a pac seat with a power strip attached, but seems like it would be nice to have.
I'm thinking about having one put on my next pac seat, are the power strips worth the extra money involved?
terry
Mike Wilson

Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 5:13 pm    

YES
Dave Bertoncini

Sun City West, Arizona USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 5:36 pm    

Yes...I call mine my electric chair Smile
Cal Sharp

the farm in Kornfield Kounty, TN
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 6:04 pm    

Pretty handy, but you can get a hum in some places. Especially if it doesn't know the words.
Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville
Evan Rose

Tarboro, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 8:20 pm    

LMAO Cal!!!! My seat does have a power strip, it is convenient, but I seldom use it, as I do not use external effects at all and I use an old passive Emmons Volume pedal, so I just run a drop cord to my amp....an Emmons guitar and a NV 400 has all I need for my tone....

Magnolia, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2013 8:46 pm    

I mounted one I bought from WalMart on right side while back. Cut a notch in bottom side of seat to allow cord to be flush. Took some Velcro wire straps and stapled them on bottom of seat to hold cord in place. (They go around legs when legs are shut completely). Ordered a flush recessed male plug and cut a whole on back of seat to fit in. No more dealing with cords getting in way. I just take extension cord out of seat when I get to a gig and plug into back of seat. That way there's no cord that runs under the seat for the pacseat legs to mess up.

Recently I've neglected that method & use power strip +ext cord hooked together at all times & in back of amp. One less thing to worry with storing in pacseat. Get to gig take out of amp lay on ground. I have my dd3, Hilton, phone charger ext cords plugged in all time. Done away with having to store all in pacseat. If I wanted to use rack or diff. Amp I would probably just buy another strip,ext cord. Some ext cords come together in pairs. That's how my last ones I bought were. If I were to mount one I would get the shorter in length.
Larry Lorows

Zephyrhills,Florida, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2013 7:07 am    

I have a power strip on my seat, but never use it. I'm up and down too much, because I play a tele also. It just seems to bulky to move my seat around with chords plugged into it. Larry
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2013 7:13 am     My 2 cents

Just to let you know. I sell lots of my Lite Model seats which do not have room for the power strip.

However, most of the other models I sell in the US have power strips. I have not done a percentage put most tell me they like the fact they can reach down and turn off the one switch and turn off all their electronics wheather they are playing at home or out - one guy told me he used 2 amps and never turns off the amps anymore simply turns off the power strip and unplugs the amps and is good to go. He was telling me that he even accidently hit the on / off switch while carrying his amp then got all set up. When that amp would not come on he thought the worst till someone told him to turn it on. Very Happy

Just a little input from what I see with steelseats.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2013 9:10 am    

I just started using my seat with a power strip on it. I've had it for a few years but because I wanted to cut down weight I went back to a lighter seat. I started using it again yesterday because of the heat here in N.J. Now I have a place to plug in my fan(s) since most of the jobs are outside now and its been around 95-100 degrees.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2013 9:54 am    

I don't have one on my seat. If I did it would have to be a good quality surge protector type. I have a separate surge protector strip that I now use.

Surge protector types need to be replaced periodically, if it ever takes a power hit/surge it has done its job and needs replaced. For that reason I would never buy a used surge protector strip or a Furman rack power strip.
Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2013 10:45 am    

If I'm using my F/X rack,everything goes in the rackmounted strip.If I'm not,I have a surge-protected floor strip.Like Larry L(and probably a lot of other guys),I'm up and down a lot and it's just easier to have power cords tucked away behind the amps or in the rack strip.But if I were sitting at the steel all the time with not a lot of powered effects,and not getting up and down,I think a seat-mounted strip could be real convenient.
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2013 1:59 pm    

When I developed the power strip on steelseats I looked for and found an industrial Power Strip with on/off and lighted and a surge protector.

The power strips were actually developed for the medical industry and the Pharmaceutical industry.

I agree that is a must and I tell people no matter where you play out if it is a church or a honky tonk the power is usually bad.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP