| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Identify and value of speakers please-
Joe Gall

DeLand, Florida
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2013 1:20 pm    

I have acquired a GK 200G (2-12) guitar amp. It's currently non working and I am going to part it out. It appears that one of the speakers is original and one is not. They both work as I tested them both with my Peavey Deuce, I simply plugged the pig tail from the GK into the ("MAIN") on the back of the Peavey after unplugging the pair of BW's. I had turned the volume on the Peavey all the way down, turned the amp on and then slowly turned the amp up and played my Peavey Falcon through the amp and both 12" speakers in the GK worked perfectly and sounded EXCELLENT!

I am going to offer these speakers up for sale if anyone would be interested. I am just not sure what they are, the ohms, ratings, etc. and or what they may be worth. So I am open to help here from you guys who know much more than I.

I do appreciate the help very much as selling this stuff here and there like a lot of us, has been helping us out a lot lately and I have to thank my friends for sending this stuff my way when they hear about it knowing I have so much time on my hands they know it gives me something to do etc.

I also have the chassis and reverb unit from this GK amp available if anyone is interested.

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2013 1:29 pm    

I dunno what speakers GK used. That one resembles an Eminence, but just guessing.

The lower one, 12825 is a Peavey Scorpion speaker.
Joe Gall

DeLand, Florida
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2013 1:42 pm    

Thank you and you are correct.

Just did some research on them both and they are both rated at 200watts. The "S" on the Scorpion from what I can tell indicates that it is rated for 200watts or above.

DeLand, Florida
Post  Posted 23 Apr 2013 6:12 pm    

Popped them on Ebay and they sold right away! I may have 2 more 12" scorpions and 4 10" in the next few days along with several Peavey parts. I will post all of them in the for sale section...