| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  lap steel color
Ron Victoria

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2013 9:39 am    

item 261195926418 is listed as seafoam green but it looks ivory to me. I questioned the seller and he said it was a reflection. I doubt that as it's the same color in all the pictures. What is the color? Not a bidder, just curious.

thanks, Ron
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2013 11:06 am    

Morrell does make a seafoam green finish, but the ones I have seen are much "greener" than the one in that auction. I think the seller might be mistaken about the color. If you do a Google search for Morrell sea foam and click on Images you'll see several pictures of the Morrells, and the finishes are a fairly dark green.

One of my guitar students has a seafoam green Strat, like the one below, and every time he takes it out of the case I do a double take. It has to be one of the coolest retro finishes ever made. Reminds me of my dad's 57 Chevy, two tone, green and white... or was that blue and white? Either way, it's got the 50s vibe. Cool

Steve Green

Gulfport, MS, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2013 11:39 am    

I have a Seafoam green Morrell. It's the second one from the right hanging on the wall. This picture is an accurate representation for Morrell's sea foam green color.

Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2013 11:46 am    

Yep just a reflection. I have a Morrell pro the same colour. The seller says there is a problem with the paint. I'll bet there is. If it is anything like mine the paint job is crap.
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2013 1:30 pm    

Here's a seafoam green Morrell right off the Morrell site. I guess each company has it's own idea of what seafoam green is, but this looks more blue than green to me... or maybe I'm used to the Fender seafoam green.

Robert Allen

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2013 2:41 pm    

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/seafoamgreen Looks similar to Crayola Crayons seafoam green. Closer to Morrell than to Fender.