| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MSA Millenium
Chick Donner

North Ridgeville, OH USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 7:16 am    

Yesterday, at the Jam at Bolivar, Ohio, put on by Rick Troyer and his Hummingbird Music, a fellow from Columbus brought a Millenium. He didn't play it, but the rest of us that were interested got a short shot at it. I played it for about 30 seconds, and was impressed. Was going thru an amp I didn't like, but the sound was still pretty good, and the pedal action was marvelous. Of course, I play 2 D-12 Emmons PP's, so any pedal action is better. But, it's like butter, and from what I could hear, this is a guitar I'd like to at least play for more than 30 seconds to evaluate it.
Jim Phelps

Mexico City, Mexico
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 7:22 am    

Just one question...why did this guy bring a new MSA Millenium to a jam and then not even play it???
Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 10:39 am    

Chick,
I hope this doesn't register the wrong way. I do not mean it in any kind of a negative manner or any kind of a slam toward any brand of guitar.
But,,,,it breaks my heart that you have to say that about your Emmons push pull guitars. Especially when I and others know that they can be set up and adjusted to play and feel as good as any guitar and probably better than most.
Get them to someone that knows what to do for them and I'm sure you'll have nothing but the very highest "happy" praise for them.
BB

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!

Recluse

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 1:29 pm    

Jim: I brought it to let other people try it, and I choose not to play in public.
Steve Bailey
Recluse

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 2:08 pm    

Chick: Check your e-mail.
SB
David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 3:03 pm    

Since the moment I saw the MSA website I wanted to check one out. Recluse, nice thing to bring it to the show for others to try.
Recluse

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 3:10 pm    

David: Send me a round trip ticket & book me at a 5 star restaurant & I'll lug it over for you to try!
Steve Bailey
Gary Steele

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2003 9:04 pm    

Chick, I played it on the first go round. Then when they kept me up for the second round i played mine because mine is for sale and wanted to show it. I played this MSA Millennium at my house one day for 8 hours and loved it. Mine is a Excel Superb U-12 9+9.
Thanks, Gary Steele
David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 2:24 am    

Well the ticket is your own look out. I am not cordon bleu, but a fine chef I am told, cookin for the those french grannies; a tuff audience.!
The best would be Louis XIV at Hotel de Paris Monico, Chef Alain Ducasse, though you can find him in NYC now too. He is hovering around 11 Michelin stars now....the 11 course tasting meal around $140 without wine, and worth it.

But if you do decide a french vacation with PSG is in your future we have a room reserved at Hotel La Magnanerie!

PS Michelin only goes to 3 stars here, and a major french chef topped himself last week in fear he would lose his 3rd. Only three, but oh that third!

[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 11 March 2003 at 02:33 AM.]

Jim Phelps

Mexico City, Mexico
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 6:17 am    

Recluse, thanks for your nice answer to my somewhat sarcastic (sorry) question. That was indeed a very generous thing to do. My MSA is 30 years old but still does a good job, would have loved to see and try yours. For not wanting to perform in public, we've all been there...just keep practicing, playing anywhere you're comfortable, and enjoying it, that's the main thing anyway.
Glenn Hobratschk

Ranchos de Taos NM
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 11:23 am    

Steve: What is your e-mail address. I live out in Pepper Pike and would like to get to know you. I am very much a "old" beginner. My home e-mail is Hobie50@adelphia.net

------------------
Hobie
Recluse

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 2:20 pm    

Jim: No offense taken. Looked hard at an old MSA before I saw this one. Nice things have come out of that shop for a long time.

Glen: partz@aol.com It's a tough trip to Pepper Pike from Beachwood. Might take some planning.
Steve Bailey