| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Used Steel Price Guesstimates
Nicholas Dedring

Beacon, New York, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2013 7:00 am    

Hi All. I've been quiet for a while on here, haven't been able to play much of late, old house to fix up and a 2 year old seem to get in the way of it sometimes. I'm no longer playing out such that I need two whole rigs, and also possibly need to sell to pay for some repair work that is needed.

If you'll indulge, I'm trying to get a best guess on price for the two guitars I've got at the moment, as well as some other gear:

Sho-Bud Professional D10, rebuilt by Duane Marrs, 8&5 blue lacquer in pristine shape, rewound single coils.

Emmons LG2 D10 8&5, black mica, original single coils.

Also have an original sho-bud volume pedal, as well as a Hilton and a Goodrich LDR. Fender Steel King in very good shape (slight wear on the nylon cover in one corner, otherwise not a mark on it), Peavey Session 400 LTD (tiny tear in tolex).

Any ideas on this would be good to hear. I am trying to avoid selling anything, but depending on what I have to do to our roof... sometimes you have to make some unpleasant choices Sad
Roger Kelly

Bristol,Tennessee
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2013 5:08 pm    

Without seeing your guitars and Amps and other items here is my guess.

Sho-Bud Professional D10, rebuilt by Duane Marrs, 8&5 blue lacquer in pristine shape, rewound single coils. $2700.00-$3300.00 give or take a few.

Emmons LG2 D10 8&5, black mica, original single coils. $2700.00-$3500.00 give or take a few.

Below I have inserted what I think you might ask for your equipment...this is simply my opinion based on what these items have been selling for on here. I'm sure you'll get other opinions too. Hope you don't have to sell your "Stuff", but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Sad

Also have an original sho-bud volume pedal, ($120.00-$130.00) as well as a Hilton ($225.00-$250.00) and a Goodrich LDR ($125.00)-($140.00). Fender Steel King in very good shape (slight wear on the nylon cover in one corner, otherwise not a mark on it)($350.00-$450.00), Peavey Session 400 LTD (tiny tear in tolex)($350.00-$400.00).
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2013 5:16 pm     Sho Bud

Please place my name on the list for the Sho Bud if you decide to sell, and a asking price. Thanks, Larry
Nicholas Dedring

Beacon, New York, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2013 6:37 am    

Sure thing, Larry! This is a possibility only if we have any last ditch emergencies. Old house, boiler work to come, possible issue with the roof to resolve, if it all proves to be a heck of a lot more money than I was expecting, before I sell my kidney I'll sell one of the guitars... but only RIGHT before I sell my kidney Very Happy

Thanks for the suggestions, here and through PM. This remains one of the most solid communities I've been a part of in life and on the "interweb." Something about using your real name tends to make people a little more polite, I suppose. Wink