| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stoneslides, has Jay Seibert dissappeared for good???
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2013 5:39 pm    

Regarding slides.
I ordered and paid for two stoneslides and for a replacement slide from Jay way back in November.
since Thanksgiving Day I have not been able to contact him by phone or email. He just doesn't answer. I also left notes on his facebook with no replies. I'd sure like to have my slides. I really wonder if something serious has happened to him or if he is just on a long winter retreat and doesn't want to be answering tons of email and phone calls 'till he gets back. I see he was at an arts festival in California during mid January.
Does anyone else know Jay personally and or live nearbly him? I don't want to be negative here, I just wish he would reply sometime and give me hope.

Anyone else out there waiting on new slides?
Dick
Dennis Coelho

Wyoming, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2013 6:35 pm     Topic: Stoneslides, has Jay Seibert dissappeared for good??

I'd like to know that myself. Not so far gone that he is unwilling to take your money. I purchased a slide from him a month ago via Paypal. The order was processed paid but then silence. I wrote emails. No response.

I know he says somewhere on his site that it can take up to a month to fill an order. That's fine. But most businesses do not charge your card until the item is shipped.

I figured it is a dead loss and moved on. For the same money I could have bought an excellent bar from Tom Bradshaw. Think I'll do that anyway.
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2013 9:55 pm     Stoneslides, has Jay Seibert dissappeared for good???

Dennis: another fellow with the same problem emailed me and said he got a refund back through paypal. Maybe with luck your still under the time line to get yours back too.
Dick
Robert Allen

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 6:39 am    

Try this http://jayseibert.com/ I think this is is wife's pottery web site. Paloma slides are listed there as well as phone number and address. I have an order in, too, and haven't heard anything. My impression is that the Paloma slides take a back seat to their pottery business. Also, I think he may have some health issues.
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 6:48 am     Paloma stoneslides

Good morning Robert.
Yes I know about Debbies business. I've called that number several times and do not get an option to leave an email. Debbie and Jay were on facebook Jan 18th and were commenting on a good art festival in california. I tried to friend with them and left messages but to no avail.

This is just not like them, I do woner if there's serious health issues or if they just are being incognito for a while to get away for a while.

I really was hoping another steel player out around his area would know what's up. It would be nice to have some word from them jsut so we know everythings okay.
Dick
L. Bogue Sandberg

Chassell, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 8:10 am    

I'm in a similar situation. I got a bar in late October that had a couple of tiny bumps on it that caught on the strings. By email, Jay said to return it and he'd send a replacement. I mailed it back and ordered a second bar at the same time. The second bar showed up in less than two weeks. I'm still waiting on the replacement. No response to an email about 6 weeks ago. It too bad, because I use the bar I did get quite a bit. A 3+ month wait without explanation is not good business practice, even for a small artisan.
Steve Ahola

Concord, California
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 11:10 am    

There have been serious health issues in the past so I hope he is doing okay.

Steve Ahola

P.S. Perhaps someone can track down more phone numbers for him and his wife.

Recordings on electric guitar:
http://www.box.net/blue-diamonds
http://www.box.net/the-culprits
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 12:49 pm    

I have a blue and a white one, both in the fatter/longer catagory that I have hardly used, so if someone really wants one or both they can e me for details.
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 2:48 pm    

I have a white 10 string stone slide that I'll sell if somebody wants it.
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 3:30 pm     Jay Seibert

Hey everyone!!! Good news!!! Jay is home and he's okay. He could not access emails for quite a long time. He is now going through all his backlog right now.
Smile Smile Smile
Dick
Robert Allen

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2013 4:25 pm    

Just received email from Jay thanking me for my order.
Jay Seibert

Woodland, WA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2013 8:52 am    

Yes, I have been missing in action and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. December was a tough one for me as issues with my heart continued to be a challenge. Because of this, I fell behind in my orders and have tried to get caught up. I recovered enough to be able to make a trip down south to help my wife with our pottery business. We exhibited our pottery line in California and Arizona and were on the road for the whole month. During that time I was unable to make contact with my email accounts... my home computer died! I replaced it yesterday but have not been able to transfer my records. Needless to say, there are many folks who are upset that I had not returned messages or confirmed orders. I have begun that process yesterday and will continue today. Hopefully by day's end I will have contacted all those who are wondering what the heck happened.

If you have an outstanding order, replacement or problem, please contact me at jay@stoneslides.com and I will do my very best to respond in a timely manner.

Noting some of the posts in this string... I will be contacting each player directly and seek to correct any issues. As my slides and bars have a lifetime guarantee, I will always refund or replace them for any reason.

Now that I am home and feeling fairly well, I will be able to tackle all the orders that came in while I was traveling and finish the orders that I have in waiting.

On a final note, due to my health issues I will not be able to attend the Jamboree in Dallas this year. I will sorely miss seeing old friends and being a part of this great event! I will hope that I can make it next year!
Jay Seibert

Woodland, WA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2013 9:09 am     Re: Topic: Stoneslides, has Jay Seibert dissappeared for go

Dennis Coelho wrote:
I'd like to know that myself. Not so far gone that he is unwilling to take your money. I purchased a slide from him a month ago via Paypal. The order was processed paid but then silence. I wrote emails. No response.

I know he says somewhere on his site that it can take up to a month to fill an order. That's fine. But most businesses do not charge your card until the item is shipped.

I figured it is a dead loss and moved on. For the same money I could have bought an excellent bar from Tom Bradshaw. Think I'll do that anyway.

Dennis,
You placed your order on January 20th. I was in Northern California that day making my way to Indio, CA. I was unable to receive emails or to contact my email folders and therefore was unable to respond to your order or single email follow up.

FYI... Yes, I collect money when the order is placed, not when it has shipped. I began this policy early on because I made bars for a bunch of folks who then decided they didn't want them! A majority of businesses around the world don't process an order unless it is prepaid.

If you would like a refund to apply toward your purchase of another maker's bar, that's fine with me. Please advise. All the best, Jay
Jay Seibert

Woodland, WA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2013 9:14 am    

L. Bogue Sandberg wrote:
I'm in a similar situation. I got a bar in late October that had a couple of tiny bumps on it that caught on the strings. By email, Jay said to return it and he'd send a replacement. I mailed it back and ordered a second bar at the same time. The second bar showed up in less than two weeks. I'm still waiting on the replacement. No response to an email about 6 weeks ago. It too bad, because I use the bar I did get quite a bit. A 3+ month wait without explanation is not good business practice, even for a small artisan.

Bogue,

My fault on not sending the replacement! I misplaced your request and dropped the ball on that one and apologize for any inconvenience. I will include you replacement in my work orders and get it to you as soon as I can. Jay
Jay Seibert

Woodland, WA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2013 9:17 am    

Ron Whitfield wrote:
I have a blue and a white one, both in the fatter/longer catagory that I have hardly used, so if someone really wants one or both they can e me for details.

Ron,

If you are unhappy with your bars, return them to me for a full refund.

Jay
Jay Seibert

Woodland, WA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2013 9:18 am    

Jim Cooley wrote:
I have a white 10 string stone slide that I'll sell if somebody wants it.

Jim,

If you are unhappy with your bar, return it and I'll refund your payment.

Jay
Dennis Coelho

Wyoming, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2013 9:25 am     Topic: Stoneslides, has Jay Seibert dissappeared for good??

Jay: I'd still like to try your slide. Please send on the one ordered.

I travel a lot, and I have found that internet servers around the world and in several parts of the USA will not always work with my own, even though it is a major ISP. The first time this happened, a few years back, I was in an isolated area and no way to reach the outside world. Panic!

But I've since found a program that allows email access from anywhere on any computer in the world with internet access:

www.mail2web.com

Using that might avoid customer uneasiness. As with most things in life, clear communication avoids problems.

Glad things are looking better for you. I look forward to trying out the stone bar.
Dick Chapple Sr

Hardin Montana, USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2013 9:58 am     Welcome back home Jay

A huge welcome back Jay. and ours prayers go out for good health to you. Smile Smile Smile .

You will be busier than a one armed paper hanger in a windstorm for a bit so next week I will email you with some pixs and another Idea for a bar.
Have a great weekend.
Dick