| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks SWSGA ..but man am I tired!
Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 8:27 pm    

I think I must be getting old. Either that or I'm trying to have too much fun in too little time. But, this past weekend in Phoenix I blame Billy Easton, Joe Naylor, and the rest of the folks who worked hard to put on a great steel guitar gathering. My sincere thanks to all of them.

I had the pleasure of hearing some great players and met some new friends from all over the country. My highlight had to be hearing Jay Dee Maness and his "California gang". What a fantastic group of musicians and their music was just wonderful. Jay Dee and his group got 3 or 4 standing ovations during his set and each one was very well deserved. Cudos to my buddy Bill Cunningham (from Atlanta) who played a great set on steel on Thursday then played some fine bass with several players over the weekend. Lots of other great performances during the show and no one walked away disappointed at the end of the day. Every day!

Again, my thanks to all the hard-working bodies that contributed to putting on the 10th SWSGA convention. Their shows get better and better every year.
Darrell Birtcher

Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 12:25 am     swsga 2013

We sure enjoyed seeing you there Tommy. Wouldn't be the same without you!
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 7:30 am     Thank you

Well, as always, we enjoyed you being a big part of the show as well.

You are right maybe we did try to do too much. Still healing.

The Board of Directors are busy thanking everyone and starting to work on next years.

Each year at this time we wonder how we can top the past one but we truely think the shows are getting better and better.

Thanks to you Tommy and all involved

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 9:07 am    

Tommy..
Thanks again for being such a big part of our show! We can always count on you to bring your exciting style and great playing to entertain You are right when you said that Bill Cunningham did a wonderful job not only on steel but playing bass as well. I know you are tired,(we are too) but what a great time! Thanks to you and Bill for being there.

Billy Easton
Glen Porter

Las Crues, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 6:30 pm    

Tommy, as a member of SWSGA and a Tommy Dodd Fan, Thanks for your Great showmanship and Steel Guitar Playing, I Hope to see your smillin face again next year. Glen Porter
Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2013 9:27 am    

Hey Glen, Don't forget the Lincoln County Cowboy Symposium in Ruidoso the 3rd week of October.
Dennis Beaver

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2013 3:37 am    

Tommy...Thank you for being an integral part of our show again this year. Peggy Jo and I really enjoyed your entertaining performances. My friends and families from Wisconsin (aka "Cheeseheads") were AMAZED! Also, thanks so much for the kind words regarding my performance; it means the world to me to have you say that. I'm not worthy, but I'll cherish your comments! See you next year!!