| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Creative Audigy Sound Cards On Win7 (32 & 64 bit)
Robert Leaman

Murphy, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2012 4:30 pm    

I suppose there may be other people who wish to keep their Audigy sound cards but have some serious problems when reinstalling Creative software and drivers in newer systems that reject either original and/or updated software. I have an Audigy 4 Pro Platinum that has an external module. The external module has different inputs and outputs that make recording an easy task. After fighting with Creative support, learning that Creative no longer wishes to support Audigy cards, and crashing a 64-bit sytem, I found the cure. Apparently, there is a good soul who has access to the Creative file library. This person has found all software and driver versions that operate properly with operating systems that were not available when Creative sold Audigy cards. This new software is available as three (3) 200 MB RAR downloads that combine into one (1) 630 MB ISO file when expanded with RAR. When the ISO file is available, it should be burnt on a CD to make it easy to use. I had my doubts but after using the resultant CD, my Win7 Pro 64-bit system operates perfectly with the Audigy card and its extensive software.

The software supports any model of Audigy, Audigy 2, Audigy 2 ZS, and Audigy 4. It is supported by:

Windows 7 32/64-bit/Server 2008 R2
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Windows XP/Windows XP x64 Edition/Media Center Edition/Server 2003
Windows 2000
Windows Me (Driver available seperately)
Windows 98 SE (Driver available seperately)

If there is someone on the forum that needs updated software for an Audigy card, send me an email. I shall not attempt to send a 300 MB RAR file by email but I can send, by USPS, a copy of my disk to a bonafide Audigy user.

I don't monitor the forum regularly so an email is the best method to get my attention.

These are not Daniel K. drivers although he claims plagiarism.

Last edited by Robert Leaman on 30 Dec 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2012 3:16 am    

Are these the "Daniel K" drivers? I see these drivers referenced quite a bit on the Windows 7 forum.
Wiz Feinberg

Mid-Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2012 10:35 pm    

I may be taking Robert up on his offer. I have an Audigy 2 system, with the build-out panel, in a soon to be retired XP computer. I'd like to continue to use in my Windows 7 PC.
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
Fred Nolen

Mohawk, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2013 1:47 pm     ASUS New Card

I have always been a Soundblaster user, but when the OEM X/Fi on my Dell went bad, I had trouble finding a replacement. Due to my dual video card set up my PCIE slot was no longer available, so I had to find a PCI card. In shopping, I came across (on Amazon) an ASUS XONAR D1 -7.1 PCI that had good reviews. It was $90. I am amazed at the improvement it made in my computer audio. It Rivals my Onkyo component setup and I have inexpensive Logitech speakers. If your're considering a card change, the Asus is worth a look. Hope this is helpful. Ol' Fred