| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Kudos to Peavey service
James Marlowe

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2012 7:32 pm    

I contacted Mike Brown at Peavey inquiring about service on my Session 500. He said they indeed do still sevice them and gave me the shipping instructions and procedure.
In I believe two weeks to the day after I shipped it (chassis only, of course) I received a phone call from a PV tech informing me that he had it working just like it was supposed to be. And he informed me that if there was still trouble when I got it back, that the speaker or reverb tank could be a problem. He gave me some good instructions on how to check the speaker for dust cover problems and such.
I am pleased to say that UPS delivered it in three days in fairly good order. I think it did get jostled a bit since the lower chassis was not still in it's original position...had shifted slightly, and was bent slightly as was the power toggle switch.
But after putting it all back together it works like new again. I love that ol' heavy boat anchor! Smile
Thank you Mike Brown and Peavey for great service. And I might add, the fee was very reasonable.
NRA Life member