| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for old steel.
Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2012 12:07 am    

In the past year and a half I sold my white birdseye mica Thomas Sd10 to a gentleman near Dillsburg, Pa.
I am just curious to see if that gentleman still owns it, or where it may have ended up these days. Im not looking to repurchase, just figured I would have ran across her on here somewhere. One of the best steel I've ever owned. Should Never have sold it.
Hope the gentleman that bought it will chime in and tell me how he likes her and how shes a doing.

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2013 6:00 pm    

Jeffrey,
I just saw your post and just had to let you know I love that guitar just like you seem to have. I don't know if you realized this, but I've been a guitar player all my life and always wanted to learn Pedal Steel. It was always in the back of my mind and I just loved that sound since I was a little kid. I was always a little scared away by the price of a pedal steel and how complicated they seemed to be to learn.
It just so happened at that time I had $1400 and I was looking to make some sort of musical purchase with it. I thought about another guitar and tried a few, but none of them felt right. Then I said to myself, that if I could find a pedal steel locally for $1400 I'd go ahead and finally take the plunge into the realm of the pedal steel.
3 or 4 days later I was giving you $1400 for the Thomas and I must say I don't regret it for a second. It has brought me so much pleasure. I've been consumed by it! I play it through a BOSS GT-100 and a ZT Club 12
I've pretty much stuck to lurking on this forum, but have found it invaluable and has been very helpful and has offered much insight.

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2013 6:17 pm    

Jeffrey,
I just saw your post and just had to let you know I love that guitar just like you seem to have. I don't know if you realized this, but I've been a guitar player all my life and always wanted to learn Pedal Steel. It was always in the back of my mind and I just loved that sound since I was a little kid. I was always a little scared away by the price of a pedal steel and how complicated they seemed to be to learn.
It just so happened at that time I had $1400 and I was looking to make some sort of musical purchase with it. I thought about another guitar and tried a few, but none of them felt right. Then I said to myself, that if I could find a pedal steel locally for $1400 I'd go ahead and finally take the plunge into the realm of the pedal steel.
3 or 4 days later I was giving you $1400 for the Thomas and I must say I don't regret it for a second. It has brought me so much pleasure. I've been consumed by it! I play it through a BOSS GT-100 and a ZT Club 12
I've pretty much stuck to lurking on this forum, but have found it invaluable and has been very helpful and has offered much insight.

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2013 2:31 am    

Dillsburg isn't far from where I lived and went to school, Mechanicsburg. I also have a brother in Grantham.