| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Nashville Settings
Al Capoldo

Manitowoc, Wi. org. Fl & CT.,
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2012 2:13 pm    

I'm sure this has been asked before but I would like the forum members consensus on settings of this amp. I have tried the settings in the book but it just does not sound right to me. I would appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks much, Al.

Port Townsend WA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2012 2:55 pm    

Al, here is a tread from way back.
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=904927&sid=5ed020653f74a14b1661ce89fd517945

I got to tell you I struggled with this for over a year but now I have my sound and I wouldn't trade it for any other amp. I went to Roland Cube 80XL, then a Webb 614E and came full circle back to a N112. That said the smallest increment on the dial can make a big difference. Also the pickup can make a big difference. I don't know what you have on you GFI but I use Wallace true tones and the sound is spectacular. If you do a search on N112 settings on this site there are various post that might help. BUT the settings in the book aren't that far off. just experiment.
Jim
Fender Deluxe reverb
Gold Tone 8 string
Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2012 3:51 pm    

Look at the second post here
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=223731
for my method of finding your own settings.
Unless you have a hard time finding a midrange value, this should take no more than 5-10 minutes
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2012 3:03 am    

I've used basically the same EQ settings with every Peavey amp I've had with the Parametric mid EQ - from a Session 500 to a Nashville 400, 1000 and 112.

Bass +9, Mid -2 to -3 and 750 to 800 Hz, High and Presence approx +1.

This works on my Franklin with Lawrence 710's and on my wife's GFI Expo S-10 with a GFI II pickup (basically a George L's E66 from what I've been told).
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2012 6:15 pm    

Try turning the mid and shift to full on. Bass, Tre and Pres to Your taste. Try this with the band and see if you can hear your steel better. Remember knobs can be turned up as well as down.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2012 5:25 am    

My settings are exactly as Jack's and have been since the mid 1970's. Sometimes a slight tweak for bad room acoustics (usually to rid the woof).
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Revelation preamp, Carbon Copy Delay and Hall Of Fame Reverb, Crown XLS 1002, 2- 15" Eminence Wheelhouse speakers, ShoBud Pedal, Effects Pedals. 1949 Epiphone D-8.
Bud Angelotti

Larryville, NJ, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2012 7:17 am    

Al,
To further complicate things, the sound of your guitar and amp, or any other instrument for that matter, wil probably sound completly different with or without other instruments playing. You have to find the sound you like, with accompaniment, unless of course you plan on playing solo, no band. It's largely trial & error, although you've been given some good help. Everybodies ears are different. Have fun!

Lansdale, PA.
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2012 4:57 pm    

I've started with an N112, with so much talk about GK-MB 200, gave it a try, but never really liked it, then an Evans RE200, just could not dial out the the highs, too much treble. Came back to the N112 (no mods or no effects) and just prefer it much better.
PreGain: 2, Low +9, Mid:-4, Shift: 800, High:1, Presence:1, Reverb:3, Master Gain: 3
Williams S-10, BL-705 pickup. Sounds real nice