| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ksga Rt 66 Show
Wesley Medlen

LaCygne,Ks
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2012 9:53 am    

I want to thank Ray & Lee the very good back up band and the ladies doing the kitchen duty and every one else involved. Was a great event plan on doing it again next year God Bless you all Wes

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2012 5:16 pm    

Some people say that "interest" in the steel guitar is losing steam, but that sure wasn't true in Baxter Springs, Kansas this weekend!! Our first show to attend was Saturday morning and it was well attended, and the crowd grew every hour throughout the day! The quality of steel playing was also very enjoyable! A lot of new faces were welcomed by the faithful attenders and leaders. The welcome that the Kansas club extended to everybody was at the top level!!! The food that people brought in was extra special! You just want to eat all day long,(and a few people thought I did just that)! If you wonder what you're going to be doing next year at this time...let me highly suggest and reccommend that you put the Kansas show on your calendar and save your pennies for travel expenses and motel. If there's one thing that they won't ask you for is an admission fee. There is a 'donation' jar at the entrance, if you wish to give. The KSGA would appreciate your gift so very much. I have a small suggestion along this line, after you listen to the great music, I imagine you'll want to return to the donation jar and give even more!! Super great weekend!!!! Thanks KSGA!!!!!!!!

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2012 5:28 pm    

HEARD THEY WERE CALLING ME "NO SHOW" LOL !!!!!!!!!
Jerry Foster

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2012 5:35 pm     Ksga

Thanks to Ray & Lee & the entire association for a wonderful weekend of music & Food & Fellowship. THE Back up Band & those that set in on my Sets Were just great. Very Happy, what a privilege to be invited to such a great event, again thanks & God Bless everyone. hope to Do this again next year.Jerry & Dee F.
C.D. Richards

Owasso,OK
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2012 7:21 am    

Just wanted to add our thanks to Ray, Lee and everyone else that had a hand in putting this great K.S.G.A. show together. The music was outstanding and the food was great. All the ladies did a wonderful job of preparing and serving the food. I came to the show to sit back and listen but when Ray offered me the chance to play, I just couldn't say no. Well now I have to add a special thanks to a dear friend Jerry Newberry for letting me use his equipment. Jerry not only loaned me what I needed but carried it to the stage and hooked it up for me. I had a guitar with me that Fred Justice was kind enough to tweak for me. I had offers from some others to loan me their guitars or anything else I needed. I didn't mean to make this post so long but just wanted to point out what a great group of folks make up our steel guitar world. Many thanks to all,
Clovis & Vivian Richards
Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2012 7:45 am    

I send a sincere thank you to the great people of KSGA for another great show. Some of the best music, food, and fellowship one could hope for. I appreciate so much your invitation to let me play a few notes. It means a great deal to me to be part of this event - words are not adequate to convey what KSGA means to me.

My humble thanks to Roy, Bob, Larry, and Floyd for their dedication to each performer. And I also need to mention my dear friend Carl Butler for some GREAT music on my sets.
Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2012 9:23 am    

I want to send a special thanks to the K.S.G.A. and extra special to Ray and Lee for allowing me the time to play their show, and what a good one it was!!! We had a great time with you in Baxter Spgs. and look forward to next year. Thanks to the band also, they are great. I did some songs that most of them never heard and they got them down in a hurry and made me sound like I knew what I was doing. One more thanks, to all the kitchen help and the food they had. All of it was very good!!! Wish we could have stayed for the Sat show but I had a show here Sat. night and had to get bach. Thanks to Jerry Newberry for the use of his sound equipment. See ya next year. Ron and Linda
Duane Dunard

Troy, MO. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2012 11:11 am    

Donna and I really had a good time at the show. Seeing all our friends, plus hearing all those talented players, was fun. Many thanks to Ray, Lee, and staff. You guys and gals put on a great show! Thanks!
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2012 7:33 pm     Great Show

I would like to add my input as well.
How much better can it get? Just gets better every year seem like.
Great back up band, great staff in the kitchen with lots of yummy food all weekend.

I want to thank everyone that purchased our products, and a special thanks to the one's that sat down and played our guitars.
I had a blast picken and visiting with all my friends, its like a BIG family reunion to me. Can't wait till next year. Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Fred Justice on 9 Oct 2012 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2012 7:53 pm    

Fred I thought your playing was better than ever. Besides that you are a good singer. I loved your version of The Cowboy Rides Away, and Rinestone Cowboy. The best two versions of those songs I have ever heard. The Justice Guitar you let me use on the Show was wonderful. Fred you are building a truly great guitar. I have finally figured out why you have not went further in the music business. Fred-- if you would have grown a pony tail and got an ear ring, you would have made it big in the music business. Laughing
Ray Campbell

St. Robert, MO
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 5:40 am    

I'm so sorry my health kept me from driving that 175 miles from here to there. I really wanted to be there to listen to some I've never heard and to visit with a bunch of you that I call friends. I'm glad it was a success. I'll say the Cubs' mantra again: Wait'll next year!
Larry Gerdeman

Missouri, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 6:35 am    

I would like to add my thanks to all those already posted. Ireally enjoyed what part I got to hear. As usual the music and hospitality was great. My thanks to Fred for letting me play one of his fine guitars. They are one of the finest on the market. Thanks again to all involved in this show for making it another success.
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 7:11 am     Wow

What a show - really a family reunion feeling to this show. From a hot dog done by the river the night before and through the whole show.

My first but will try to make it every year now.

Lots of ole friends ( not old ) and lots more new ones. Reminded me of growing up in that part of the country.

As I mentioned the only steel show you can eat all the way through. On the first day I looked at all that food and thought they are expecting a lot of folks - then I found out that was not for the whole show there was more and more every day.

Friendly - Fun - with Great musicians too

and for the ones that worry - Austin can move over - a new 12 year old steel player and an 8 year old fiddle player.

Thanks to all

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Lonnie Detmer

Pratt, Kansas USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 11:43 am     big thank-you

A big thank you to Ray, Lee and all committee members for implementing another fantastic show with lots of great players. A great big hand to all the cooks and kitchen help. Each year seems to be better than the last. A great unexpected surprise this year was me receiving the KSGA Pioneer Award for 2012. Thanks again all. Thanks to the Hanleys once again for the great church service they held. An enormous thanks to the great back-up band Larry, Roy, Floyd and Dell, you did one fantastic job.

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 6:20 pm    

So who got inducted into the Hall of Fame!!!
Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 6:21 pm    

I'm sorry...CONGRATS LONNIE YOU DESERVE IT BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobby DeMoss

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 7:07 pm     Awesome, Just Awesome

What an incredible memorable time this week.
Ray, Lee, you all out done yourselves.
The pickin, the food, the hospitality and fun
well it just doesn't get any better.

Fred's tater soup was just awesome too.

Where else can you go and meet so many good friends.
Enjoy so much Steel Guitar Ear Candy and eat so much
good food all in one place????????

Im hooked.

See you all next year.

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2012 7:27 pm     Keith Hilton is honored at KSGA

Keith Hilton was honored to receive KSGA's Steel Guitar Hall of Fame Award
Presented to Keith on October 7, 2012 by the KSGA.

Congratulations to a great musician and the maker of the best volume pedal with Class A customer service to boot.

A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandol
Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2012 4:54 am    

Congrats Keith!!!!!!
Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2012 5:31 pm     Video of Keith Hilton and Austin Stewart at the KSGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iAhAAOL-Z4

(Please click above to go to the You Tube video.

2nd. video below to click on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GWNycqAzDY
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandol

Last edited by Gary Sill on 14 Oct 2012 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2012 6:48 pm    

I am so glad Keith was honored with this award. He has done so much for the advancement of steel guitar. He even helped a punk kid get into the instruction book biz...(me LOL) Well done and well deserved my friend...Welcome to the club!!!!
Alan Harrison

Murfreesboro Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2012 4:35 pm    

Just wanted to say congratulations to Keith and Lonnie Detmer on their awards both are well deserved....Just so you will know, Lonnie and I have been close friends for about 60 years and he is the reason that I am playing steel today....thanks LD

"I Steel Without Remorse"
Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2012 11:31 am    

Clovis and Ron, Glad we could help with the equipment. We had a great time.

Donna
Casey Lowmiller

Kansas
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2012 6:53 pm    

Man, I wish I could've made it out there this year!!! I had to be the Best-man in my lifelong best friend's wedding.

Sounds like a great show, as always & I wish I could've been there to see my buddy Lonnie get his award & to see Keith get his!!!

Next year, I'll be there!!!

Casey