| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Circa 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb - as new
Brian Fairweather

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2012 2:26 pm    

Please see my post at http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=234015 for details - kept in storage for 30 years, works as new... You can buy with or without steel guitar, but I would prefer to sell as a pair.
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2012 3:05 pm    

It's not a 1965 amp. It's 1972 or later, I believe. The faceplates were black from '64 to '67. They changed to silverface in 1968. The logo said "Deluxe Reverb Amp" through 1971, I believe. Starting about 1972 the logo changed to "Deluxe Reverb". That's what's on your amp.
Brian Fairweather

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2012 8:09 pm    

You may be right - I'm no expert, just recalling what my grandfather told me 30 years ago and looking up some basic references on the fender website. I'm going to post all the details of the serial numbers that I can find so that anybody who knows about these things can give some feedback - I believe there is some good documentation on how to interpret these?
Thanks - Brian
mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2012 9:10 am    

Brian,

The best place for this information is The Fender Amp Field Guide, located here:

http://www.thevintagesound.com/ffg/

Your DR is post 1970.... and pre 1974. As others suggested most likely 1972.
Brian Fairweather

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2012 10:16 am     Thanks for the info

I appreciate this info - I thought it would take me a week to find a buyer, so I said I'd look for best offers by Friday 5 October - I'm thinking of speeding it up a bit because I have one gent offering $2200 for all the gear together, and another offering $1200 just for the guitar - this means that if someone wanted the amp all by itself, they would need to be just in excess of $1000 - does that seem like a lot to ask for this amp in pristine condition?

Interested to hear anyone's thoughts on value - I know that a new Deluxe Reverb is about $1500 - how much should a near-perfect 1972 amp sell for?

If anyone wants to buy, please put in a bid on the following forum ASAP - otherwise, I think i will just do the deal on both pieces together...

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=234015

Thanks,
Brian
Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2012 11:34 am    

you just joined the forum to sell this gear right?? no other posts by you other than this for sale post....

you might need to provide some very detailed references before anyone might send you thousands of dollars for this stuff. there is not a website on the net that the members are not wary of people coming on and the first thing they do is try to sell something for a lot of money. plus am i correct that you are leaving the country right after you sell it?? caveat emptor
Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2012 5:05 am     Sold....

b0b: you can close this post. I bought the amp. along with the Stringmaster. Thanks, Tommy......