| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  She Thinks I Still Care - A Few Twists For Me!
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2012 8:46 am    

I recorded this using my MSA Legend D-10 thru a Fender Steel King with a Shure SM-57 to Zoom R24 then ported to the PC for final mix in Reaper. Lame MP3 standalone encoder was used to convert the final wav file to MP3 at 320 kbps. This eliminates the all the artifacts I've been getting at the song lead-in with the Reaper integrated version of Lame. The low strings on a standard electric guitar were used to get a Tic Tac bass sound. Notice like the original recording, they don't exactly follow the bass lines but actually add a little color to the track. All reverbs are the TC Hall Of Fame set on Church mode. Both of my Boss RV-5's have started cutting in and out and gotten very grainy on the Hall settings and even giving me bonus spring reverb pops in the Hall setting rendering them unusable.

In a few places I used the 1st string E9th F# to G# raise. Once to get the dreaded unison sound (at 2:11 secs) with string 3 and a few times to get a 9th chord (at 1:44 and 2:23 secs). The second string half tone raise was used in a new way for me also at 2:15 secs. At 0:08 and 1:18 secs I used the 2nd string half tone lower in the flow. My feeble attempts as Pete Drake riffs were all done on E9th at the 13th fret.

Hear She Thinks I Still Care

Rhythm track located here:

http://gregcutshaw.com/Tab/Tab22.html

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 1:09 pm    

Hi Greg,

Real nice pedal and KL work on that! Lots of nice surprises, too. I never could guess where you'd be going next. Wish I had an imagination like that. Well done!

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 4:55 pm    

Thanks Lynn! Trying keep country music alive in PA! I'm getting a pretty good library of backing tracks built up and figured someone could use this one. Cool that your Facebook page features a pedal steel on the front cover.

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 8 Sep 2012 1:58 am    

Dang, Greg, I have to agree with Lynn, there is some really interesting things going on there. Some of it almost sounds like your taking a jab at the tele players who use worn out pedal steel type licks( I was one), but you bend them all out of proportion the way you go in and out of them. Not saying that's your intention, but it's a really masterful display of technique, melody and natural humor. Thanks for the backing track!