| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  fender 1000/need parts?
Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2012 7:28 pm    

i have a fender 1000, would like to see if anyone might know the year mfg.? the last photo shows a number on the changer end, looks like 010922. the 1 and 0 look like they are stamped on each other.also has the letter T and looks a 0, cannot make out the other letter. i have this listed in the for sale section also. it needs a pedalboard, pedal rods, pedals, cables, it came with 10/pedals (the chrome looking flat type like shown inone of the photos....any info would really be appreciated....thanks jack

Last edited by Jack Goodson on 5 Aug 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 4:22 am    

As you may have already guessed, the pedal board you have does not match the guitar. The guitar probably dates from the late '60s, while the pedal board is a late '50s vintage.
Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 5:50 am     pedal board

donny: i know about the pedal board, i am trying to find the correct one, it in fact is home made and is also too short. would the pedals in the photo be correct for the year? the guitar says it was a 8/pedal but as you can see it had 10/pedals....thanks jack
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 11:16 am    

Jack, that guitar would have come with the (black) cast aluminum pedals, and they take different pedal rods, as well. Those pedals you have are for the earliest (pre-sunburst) guitar, and while they would work, finding 5 more with the appropriate rods may prove pretty difficult. Of course, finding the proper pedalboard with a complement of 10 of the cast pedals and appropriate rods will be a challenge as well. Confused

If you have the tuners and pans, it might be worth fixing up. If not, it will likely cost as much as the guitar is worth to restore it to playing condition. In either case, this guitar demands a special player, one who is not concerned with modern sounds and capabilities, but one who is willing to accept and appreciate it as a thing of nostalgia, an instrument of days gone by. Oh Well
Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 5 Aug 2012 6:21 pm     fender 1000 parts

i have the tuner pans, they are in great condition, if i could find 5 of the pedal rods for the pedals that i have i think i could get a pedal board made that will work. i also need some of the cables that go underneath the guitar, it only has 2 at this time....any help would be appreciated....thanks jack
Michael Yahl

Troy, Texas!
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2012 7:57 pm    

Jack, stay tuned. Parts are in process and will be available in the near future.

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 2:29 am    

Michael Yahl wrote:
Jack, stay tuned. Parts are in process and will be available in the near future.

So I guess the cat is out of the bag!... I am the lucky guy that has the first batch of Michael's Fender cable parts on my old 800.

Anyone that has one of these guitars will be able to greatly improve them with no modifications. Mike has designed these parts/ knee levers to be installed without drilling even one hole.

I can say the parts work better than, and are certainly made better than the original Fender parts, yet fit as if they were Fender parts.

Mike, I am so glad you are getting ready to start producing/selling.

I am thrilled these wonderful old guitars have a new found appreciation, and are accepted as viable playable instruments almost 55 years after they first came to market.
Mine plays soft and sweet, as well as anything made in its day-thanks to Mike Yahl... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 6:37 am     pm sent

michael: i sent you a pm....thanks jack
Ryan Quinn

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 8:35 am    

Michael Yahl wrote:

I'm looking forward to see what becomes available. I was impressed with the posts Bob Carlucci had about the knee lever system some time back.

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 1:30 am    

Maybe this would help?

Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 7:49 am     that is what i need

stuart: i need what is in the small case....thanks jack
Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 8:40 am    

The rest wouldn't be worth much without what's in the little case. I'd sell the whole thing. Cases not included. This is a 10 string not an 8.
Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 8:50 am     fender 1000?

stuart: that is my problem, without what's in the case mine is a non pedal guitar. what would you take for the guitar w/o the cases?....thanks jack
Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 12:23 pm    

Let me go to the storage and take some pictures so you can see exactly what you would be getting and then I will give you a price. It will be Wed. evening the 8th before I will be able to get back with you on this.
Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 12:30 pm     fender 1000?

stuart: sound good....thanks jack
Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 5:46 pm    

I think it would be cheaper and a lot less trouble for you to just buy this PSG Click Here Looks like a real deal for someone looking for a vintage Fender pedal steel.
Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 6:59 pm     buy guitar?

stuart: the thing you don't understand is that i will still have a guitar that needs parts. i could actually make the pedalboard work with th 5/pedals i have if i could find 5/pedal rods that would work....thanks jack
Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 7:51 pm    

If all you need is pedal rods, and you cannot find originals , then get some stainless rod, bend hooks at one end snd thread the other end with10/32. Instead of the ball end fitting that Fender used for the pedals you have, use the nipple fitting as used on some Sho-Buds and fit the nipple into the tops of your pedals. At the end of your new pedal rods use the inline fittings that are used with the nipples.
Michael Yahl

Troy, Texas!
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 8:13 pm    

I can make you pedal rods and I'll be making the connectors also.

PSG PARTS
http://www.psgparts.com/
Jack Goodson

Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 8:18 pm     rods

michael: would you please send me an email with a number to call? and i will give you a call sometime tomorrow, need to ask about a couple of other things....thanks jack
Chris Lucker

Los Angeles, California USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 8:30 pm    

That is toght. Michael has the ability to replicate the rod ends for the different era Fenders.
Also, he is the only source I know of for the online rod end fittings I wrote about above.

Michael has shown a commitment to recreating so many of the parts for our steel guitars that are no longer in production, and parts for guitars that are really not available anywhere else. I do not know how he does it because it demands a respect for authenticity and a respect for proper design and acquisition of the necessary materials. He deserves our thanks and our patience. He has lots of demand pressure and lots of time demands behind the knobs of a Bridgeport and Logan, or whatever elves he has working with him.
All I can say is if any of you have some spare parts from out of production pedal steels and you think there may be a need for replicated parts, ask Michael if he would consider sharing your parts for a while so he may generate some engineering diagrams and specs so he may include them on future manufacturing endeavors.
Let us get Michael captured before the NATO Airforce ties him up making ejector seats for F-16s. He is that good.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2012 2:00 pm    

Chris Lucker wrote:
That is toght. Michael has the ability to replicate the rod ends for the different era Fenders.
Also, he is the only source I know of for the online rod end fittings I wrote about above.

Michael has shown a commitment to recreating so many of the parts for our steel guitars that are no longer in production, and parts for guitars that are really not available anywhere else. I do not know how he does it because it demands a respect for authenticity and a respect for proper design and acquisition of the necessary materials. He deserves our thanks and our patience. He has lots of demand pressure and lots of time demands behind the knobs of a Bridgeport and Logan, or whatever elves he has working with him.
All I can say is if any of you have some spare parts from out of production pedal steels and you think there may be a need for replicated parts, ask Michael if he would consider sharing your parts for a while so he may generate some engineering diagrams and specs so he may include them on future manufacturing endeavors.
Let us get Michael captured before the NATO Airforce ties him up making ejector seats for F-16s. He is that good.

He really is... I don't think there is any steel guitar part he can't replicate or even design cold, right off the top of his head. When I first saw 4 new , beautifully operational knee levers on my Fender without 1 little hole being drilled anywhere, I was in shock... Especially since they look like they came with the guitar from Fender. Simplest design you ever saw, but just TRY thinking it up , and then putting it together. Michael is a real deal nice guy, and what an incredible asset to the pedal steel guitar community. bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......