| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Beard Wave Capo - how does it attach?
Michael Shipman

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 7:58 am    

Hi - I use a Shubb capo which works fine but I find it a bit of a hassle threading the metal bar under the strings and over the fret before clamping it in place. But once in place it does its job well.
I was wondering about an alternative and looked at the Beard Wave but cant see how it attaches?
Looks like it might be a bit of a fiddle to put it on, can anyone explain for me?
Unfortunately these are pretty rare in the UK so Ive not seen one in the flesh.
Thanks, Mike.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 8:37 am    

I've not seen one either except in the pic on their website. Interesting design.

I have one of his original design and this one appears to me that it attaches the same.

Loosen the nut, position at 180 degrees between the 3rd and 4th strings with the lower bar below the strings, rotate to 90 degrees and tighten the nut.
Terry VunCannon

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 9:30 am    

I have one and love it....you just position it, then turn the screw on top to tighten.
Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 10:03 am    

From the Beard Guitars website:

Greg Booth

Anchorage, AK, USA
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2012 10:47 am    

If it fits your neck, in my opinion the Shubb C6B dobro capo beats any floating capo hands down for tone and volume. The floating capos like the Beard, Scheerhorn, Bradley, Leno etc must be positioned visually over the fret. What if you don't get it just right and you retune a little? When you take it off you are out of tune again. It's much easier and reliable for me to simply slide it over the fret and clamp it down for perfect positioning. The floating capos allow some of the string energy to dissipate in vibration of the capo, the strings behind the capo and transfer to the other strings. The Shubb clamping design is the closest thing to simply shortening your neck and results in the least tone and volume loss. The C6B newest design is adjustable to some extent for different string height. The high action mode fits my Scheerhorn perfectly. At less than $35 from Amazon the price is right too. The only flaw: it may not fit your neck. It fits my Gibson Leadbetter fine, but it didn't fit a Meredith I tried it on.