| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Farewell To KWKH
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2012 8:27 am    

It's sad to say that, one of the country's famous country music stations' has bit the dust. AM 1130 KWKH has changed their format. They have gone to an all sports talk format. AM radio is DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank GOD for WSM.

Tommy Shown
SMFTBL
Buddie Hrabal

Arlington,Texas USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2012 5:46 pm    

Hate to see it go. KWKH has been a staple for Real Country Music. Next time you are in the Ft. Worth area, you might listen to KCLE 1460AM or KBEC 1390AM.
They play real country. Hope they last!
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2012 5:55 pm     country music

another good one is in Dublin Tx KEQXPurecountry897fm
on line. click and listen.

Jim
Jack Shults

Canadian, Oklahoma U.S.A.
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2012 7:36 pm    

Try this:

http://tunein.com/radio/KBEC-1390-s31674/
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2012 2:32 am    

As Buddie stated 1460AM out of Cleburne plays good country. I might add there is a morning selling show but you can hear Gary Cartpentar play when they come on and take commercial breaks.
Wesley Medlen

LaCygne,Ks
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2012 3:10 am     Kwkh

Another good one is 106.9 in Topeka Ks.

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2012 9:14 am    

Well,now you see why the CMA & the ACM heads have sold us out for the love of money in their pockets to keep what they have going on in the back side of music.So let's congratulations them all (the heads)for killing what so many people in the past who have gave their heart,mine and soul to make a living and keep alive.Big Business of music is about to take a BIG,BIG fall!That's why I thank Dick Clark,Bill Boyd & Fan,Gene Weed & Ron,Buck Owens,Merle Haggard,Al Bruno,Jay Dee Maness and so many others who will live forever in History of the world for Country music that Nashville insiders have take away (History) just to kill.That's why my Book is going to be the New Bible for the years to come. Whoa! Uncle = Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.
Tommy Shown

Denham Springs, La.
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2012 3:14 am    

I know Leo, the SUITS are at it. Paul, what is the call letters of the station in Cleburne on 1460? I have KEBC saved as a favorite on my computer, along with WSM, KKYX. What this country needs IS A LOT MORE STEEL GUITAR!!!!!
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2012 5:38 am    

Tommy,what we need is a lot more Country Radio Station owners not to be a sell out to big business!But, you see, that's the only way they can paid their bills to stay in business.They can't make it on their own from local little people.If that loveable lady from Grinders switch MINNIE PEARL was til here we might have a real " How-Dee-e-e-e-e...".We need a volcano of chickens to wake up and stand up for what is right,because this wrong ain't doing our history book of country music any good today. Winking Uncle = Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.
Alan Tanner

Near Dayton, Ohio
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2012 2:38 am    

There is also WBZI radio from Xenia,Oh. Aside from all the usual local blab, they play great country music. On the weekends Chubby Howard dj's a show on Saturday and Sunday and his music and historical comments are top shelf. They also have a couple of bluegrass shows during the week, and a gospel show daily too. At noon during the week there is a trading post show. How long since THAT has been an item on AM radio.....lol
BTW...they are on the web also.
Cleat Wooley

Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2012 10:56 am    

really hate to here that,,,makes it harder fr the new and old guys on the block to make it.
LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2012 11:43 pm    

There still a lot of little Radio Stations across our land to get played once in awhile.You just won't get on the charts that means anything.We're not under yet,so keep on truckin' for Country Music. Even " Freddy Fender,Jr." is on the move! Winking Uncle + Leo J.Eiffert,jr.