| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  emmons legrande 11 back apron height
Jerry Humphries

Jasper, AL.
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2012 9:28 am    

I have my legrande 11 sitting perfectly level. From the floor to the bottom apron measures 26and 5/8 inches. Heres my problem. I still have at least a 2in. clearance between the top of my knee and the left hand vertical lever. I have to bring my foot back completely under my knee and tippee toe to reach the vertical lever. I want to cut down on some of the unnecessary movement. Here is my question. Is my guitar standard height? I want to order a new guitar before long and i need to know if it needs to be lowered. My legrande is adjusted as low as it will go. Thanks Jerry
Sez Adamson

South Africa
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2012 11:52 am    

Hello Jerry,
I also have an Emmons Legrande 11. I lowered it by an inch some time ago. The current height from the floor to the centre of the back apron is now 25 2/5 inches.
If I were doing it again, I would probably go another half inch on this guitar. The C6th vertical lever is close to being right now, but the E9th Vertical lever is still a bit high. As I mostly play C6th, I am happy with the compromise.
I also have a Williams S10 (E9th). I ordered it one inch lower than standard, and it is just right. The Williams has a more adjustable vertical lever than the Emmons.
I am 5ft 6in, and my legs are more or less in proportion to my height.
If I were buying a new Double neck, I would probably go 1 inch lower than standard, but I would look for an instrument with lots of adjustment on the Vertical knee levers (The Williams is very good in this regard).
Hope this helps.
Sez