| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ANYONE know Jim Vest personally?
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2012 9:53 am    

Jim Vest has produced a wonderful series of a dozen or so videos on YOU TUBE....featuring Don Helms, Tommy White, "Basore' and Vest.... A really enjoyable program with a real social atmosphere and an opportunity to discover many of those tantalyzing tidbits that one might go a lifetime and never know.

In the background is a fairly large, model steam locomotive....... that is prominantly displayed.

Cain't help but wonder if he's a model railroader, a real steam enthusiast or what? Merel Haggard used to run live steam engines around his Mount Shasta home and Vaughn Monroe used to be an HO Gage model railroad fanatic.

How about the rest of you? Who has a model train collection? Steel Guitar players are a diverse group of individuals.
Wally Moyers

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2012 11:57 am    

Ray, this is a post from Jim on facebook. Looks like he's been having some health problems... That is a greats video series, I really enjoyed it..

From Jim Vest:
i want to thank every one for your thoughts and prayers my surgery went well and dont hurt like i did .thanks for your support and love.i hope to play again and that is what iam working on now. dont give up on me yet...
Ted Solesky

Mineral Wells, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2012 12:16 pm     Met Him

I MET JIMMY WHEN HE WAS WITH PEE WEE KING. I GUESS JIMMY DON'T WANT TO REMINDED IF THOSE TIMES BEING IT'S SO LONG AGO. I WAS JUST A KID ( JUST JOKING) BUT I'M GLAD TO SEE HE'S DOING WELL. I'M SURE HE PAID HIS DUES. GOOD LUCK JIMMY, TED
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2012 3:35 pm     Thanks to Wally & Ted...............

I surely do appreciate the heads-up about Mr. Vest.

I sincerely hope he is coming along well, health-wise. Please keep us current on this, okay?

I've enjoyed his musical series.......greatly.
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Jul 2012 8:39 am    

i met jim once when he was playing with joe stampley. he was really cool and fun! another friend of mine called him one day and jim taught him the detuned 'set em up joe' lick over the phone.

jim, if you're out there, hope you heal up and get good!
Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2012 9:42 pm     Vest

Get well Jim, and give us many more of those enjoyable videos.
Gregg Laiben

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2012 5:42 pm     Re: ANYONE know Jim Vest personally?

Ray Montee wrote:

[b]In the background is a fairly large, model steam locomotive.......
that is prominantly displayed.

Whoa - good catch! Sure looks like could be live steam. I just got back into model railroading after a 35 year hiatus - went from N gauge as a teen to O gauge now - sure is easier on these 55 year old eyes! Designing a 3-rail layout to model Missouri Pacific and Frisco.

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2012 6:20 pm    

In 2001, I saw Jim Vest playin' steel with Chalee Tennison, who had a song in '99 called "Just Because She Lives There". Chalee was openin' a show for Travis Tritt at the time and Jim was her steel player.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger