| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  II-V-I on C6th

Post  Posted 26 Jul 2002 8:41 am    

On a standard C6th copedant, I want to play a II-V-I to Bb6 (10th fret). I know I can find a D9 on the 12th fret using pedal 3, but the closest Cm7 forms I see are on the 8th fret (Pedal 4) or the 15th fret (open). It seems awkward to go either 10-8-12 or 10-15-12. Is there a form of II-V-I that doesn't require those jumps?
Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2002 9:21 am    

How bout 12th fret pedal 6 with the root on string 7 ?

Bob

Post  Posted 26 Jul 2002 9:34 am    

hey, bob, was going to give you shout anyway. I guess my setup doesn't work that way. Pedal 6 gives me the minor triad on strings 5 through 7, a C on string 3 and a G on string 1. But, I can't get the flatted seventh on the same fret. That's what's missing there.
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2002 8:05 pm    

Yes play your C9 on 10th fret with the pedal that lowers your 5th string; than go back one fret(9th fret) and keep that pedal engaged and now include the pedal that raises 2nd string 1/2 tone and lowers 6th string 1/2 tone....now you have a F13...with the 7th tone being the 5th string and 6th tone being your 2nd string....and it's a nice inversion; then resolve back to Bb on 10th fret.
Or staying on the 10th fret after your C9 chord.... now you have the 9th string being your 7th tone of the F chord and other than the 7th string....every one of the notes(with the 3rd string lowered) is just about every color tone you need of that F chord pal....just depends on which grip you desire.
I have several more...if those don't get you what ya need.
Ricky