| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New TNN 2012!!
frank rogers

usa
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2012 9:53 pm    

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/4/16/223983/The-Nashville-Network-Returns.aspx

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/tnn-the-nashville-network-to-return-summer-of-2012

http://wbkr.com/tnn-the-nashville-network-is-coming-back-video/

Last edited by frank rogers on 20 Apr 2012 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2012 11:57 pm    

Thank the lord!!!!!!!! Maybe all the cards and letters complaining about this NEW Country crap finally made a differnce! It looks like we will get REAL country music back on the air again. Screw NEW COUNTRY ROCK crap!!!!! I wonder if there are enough REAL country musicians left in Nashville who know how to play REAL country music? I hope so. Maybe we can see Tommy White back on T.V. where he belongs.

Last edited by Kevin Hatton on 20 Apr 2012 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 2:05 am    

To show how far the Grand Ole Opry has digressed, they are inducting Keith Urban into the Opry this weekend.
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 7:17 am    

Encouraging news indeed. Has there ever been a steel on any of Mr. Urban's records? Just askin' ….
Dan Galysh

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 7:41 am    

Urban's "But For The Grace Of God" has great steel on it (in my opinion), Barry.
frank rogers

usa
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 8:56 am    

Another link: http://www.musicrow.com/2012/04/tnn-to-return-this-summer/
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 11:19 am    

Dan Galysh wrote:
Urban's "But For The Grace Of God" has great steel on it (in my opinion), Barry.

Another good song of Keith's that featured steel by Paul Franklin is "Your Everything". It's also got a great steel intro. Another song of Keith's that appeared on his first solo record called "I Wanna Be Your Man Forever" also features great steel, but wasn't released as a single.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 12:59 pm    

Paul is also on "You Gonna Fly" by Keith
Congrat's to Keith!
Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 4:41 pm    

This is great news! More country music on TV. Very Happy They finally came the the realization that country music aint going no where~
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 6:24 pm    

Maybe we can get some more real country steel and fiddle players back on T.V. again. Hank Singer comes to mind. I love how people take the exception and try to make it the rule. Keith Urban is about as country as a subway token. Another rock player. Lets get Patty Loveless and Vince Gill up there. Maybe have there own show featuring REAL country music and musicians. Lets get this thing going and get back to normal.
Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 7:20 pm    

Kevin, I think youd better have the popcorn maker handy for the Saturday night classics becuase "back to normal" may suit you but if we went back to "normal" than we would loose so many fans that the coporation wouldnt bother starting up TNN again. I like new as well as old country and I thank my lucky stars that we are even getting a TNN again considering the hard times the econmy has seen and everything else going on.
Lets move ahead and not live in the past!
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 9:47 pm    

Lets get REAL country back on T.V. with a new younger generation of REAL country singers and call New Country what it really is. Rock Music. This is a reaction by the corporations to people wanting REAL country nusic back on T.V. I'm perfectly ready to move forward. Let's go!

Last edited by Kevin Hatton on 21 Apr 2012 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Alan Tanner

Near Dayton, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2012 11:27 pm    

I wonder if they did a study on RFD and found how popular some their programs have been. I also wonder if the programs that now run on RFD, but are advertised to be on the "new" TNN, will be off of RFD. A new channel for cable and sat TV doesn't mean we will all get it either. It took forever to get RFD in a lot of places, and I supposed it still isn't offered everywhere. I would guess it will be an "add on" and yet another fee to pay. Time will tell I guess. What they SAY they are gonna do and what they DO are not always the same thing.I remember when Willie started his "Outlaw" TV. The first few months were great with old shows and lots of clips. But before long the whole thing went in the toilet and Willie stiffed all the subscribers for their fees. This was back in the day of the big dish sat systems. Let's hope for the best.....
Ron Whitfield

Kaaawa, Hawaii, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2012 2:20 am    

Kevin Hatton wrote:
Lets call New Country what it really is. Rock Music.
How DARE you insult rock music in such a way, sir!
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2012 4:08 pm    

I'm sorry Ron. Suck rock music. Marty Stuart started the Real Country revolution with his new T.V. show. Now with TNN coming on we can we can take back the field. Watch out folks. It's coming!

Last edited by Kevin Hatton on 5 May 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2012 5:02 am    

Very Happy
frank rogers

usa
Post  Posted 5 May 2012 4:49 pm    

New Website http://watchtnn.com/ It's probably doubtful that we'll see anything as "ambitious" as "Nashville Now", "Music City Tonight" "On Stage" "American Music Shop" "You Can Be A Star" etc. but I'm still hopeful. My first suggestion would be for the new TNN to telecast Paul and the crew from the Station Inn, maybe not necessarily "live" but certainly in "Prime Time". The show is already there, rehearsed and ready to go and production costs should be relatively low, maybe we need a petition? Very Happy
Leslie Ehrlich

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 6 May 2012 9:46 pm    

Kevin Hatton wrote:
Thank the lord!!!!!!!! Maybe all the cards and letters complaining about this NEW Country crap finally made a differnce! It looks like we will get REAL country music back on the air again. Screw NEW COUNTRY ROCK crap!!!!! I wonder if there are enough REAL country musicians left in Nashville who know how to play REAL country music? I hope so.

I was expecting this kind of reaction.

Even in its heyday I don't think TNN was all 'traditional' country. I remember tuning into it one time and found a bluegrass band playing some pretty progressive sounding stuff that deviated quite a bit from the genre's hillbilly roots.

Furthermore, 'traditional' country music went in several different directions, and if the new TNN does emphasize earlier stuff I don't expect a whole lot of it to be laden with whining pedal steel guitar and Telecaster twang.

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2012 7:23 am    

Sounds like a good idea, Frank! Smile
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 7 May 2012 9:49 am    

Great idea Frank. Show 'em how it's done like Marty Stuart is doing. I'm emailing them.
frank rogers

usa
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2012 1:48 pm    

Looks like there's at least one TNN affiliate ready for the October 1 2012 launch!! http://www.rtbot.net/play.php?id=fKYb9pChgu0
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2012 5:59 am    

What would be nice is a show that features the Time Jumpers...Texas Music like Live at Billy Bobs..
Jerry Hayes

Virginia Beach, Va.
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2012 12:01 pm    

Will my old TNN red & white headstock logo belt buckle still be a "collector's item"?.....JH in Va.

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2012 4:56 am    

Jerry I still have about 8 of them,How much are they worth? I put one on E-bay and took it off when the bid only got up to 12 bucks...All of them still have the clear rap on them..PS who is broadcasting the TNN network?..I haven't seen anything listed on Direct TV yet..
Jeremy Marcum

Northport, Alabama... USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2012 11:06 pm    

Does anyone know if Direct TV will carry the new TNN channel?