| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1967 emmons push-pull,d-10, bolt-on
Lawrence Main

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2012 2:53 pm    

this guitar is all original iincluding emmons volume pedal.what would be a fair price to ask?.

Last edited by Lawrence Main on 4 Apr 2012 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Jay Ganz

Out Behind The Barn
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2012 8:56 pm    

Actually I think the Emmons logo was added sometime after it left the factory. They had just a plain
decal on them until sometime in '69. It's a bit farther over to the right than usual. Definitely worth some good $$$ though!
Mike Cass

Post  Posted 2 Apr 2012 5:01 am    

Its not fully original if the knee lever handles are black anodized as they appear to be from the pics. Knee lever handles at that time were a grayish/silver color. One reason for the black handles might come from the fact that knee levers were not standard in the package back then, so many guitars left the factory without them, to be added at a later point in time. Nice guitar though. Ought to bring a good price for you. Good luck.

MC
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2012 9:03 am    

mike..what year did they start with the black levers? i've got two steels .. one with the brush finish levers, one with polished levers.
Stephen Silver

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2012 10:38 am    

Lawrence, I am interested in this guitar. Please let me know the price when you are ready to sell.

SS

Florida
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2012 5:29 am     Emmons D 10

My 66 or 67 has a raised logo.It was put on top of the decal by Ron Lashly when the steel was sent back for a tune up a few years after it was built.It is my best sounding steel by far and has sounded better than all the steels that I have set it across from in various taste test.Thats my opinion and the people who owned the other steel guitars.I can not tell what the grain is on the formica.Mine is white and has grain like leather.Thanks Jerry ps I will give you a future first round draft pick for your 67
Lawrence Main

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2012 10:46 am     1967 emmons

Stephen Silver wrote:
Lawrence, I am interested in this guitar. Please let me know the price when you are ready to sell.

SS
it is for sale now.$4000.00 or best offer. thanks for the interest, good luck Larry
Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 3 Apr 2012 3:01 pm    

What is the pull rod running kinda diaganal on the C-6th neck. It looks to go to the sixth string maybe ?
Mike Cass

Post  Posted 7 Apr 2012 11:22 am    

Chris,

Im thinking that the Emmons Co. switched to anodized black knee lever handles in '75. I bought a new rosewood mica D-10 in Jan. of '76 from Devere's Music(the guitar had been built and delivered to him in mid-late '75)and I was surprised that it had black handles. Previous to that they were long handles w/a silver/matte finish. Factory serial number lists seem to back up that conclusion.

ps; late msg from Veda Lashley(RonII's mother):
"The Emmons Co. went to the black anodized knee lever handles as a result of the aluminum finished handles leaving black marks on the legs of the touring pro's band uniforms".
Now that I think about it I also noticed a few of those marks on my polyester band uniform trousers back then before they changed over.
There you have it.
Lawrence Main

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2012 11:34 am     Re: 1967 emmons push-pull,PLEASE CLOSE

Lawrence Main wrote:
this guitar is all original iincluding emmons volume pedal.what would be a fair price to ask?.PLEASE CLOSE