| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How many Jackson players on the easiest steel around ?
Bill Mayville

Las Vegas Nevada * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2012 12:52 pm    

My Jackson from 2006 now has 18 hours on it..Players that came over know it was always in a case.starting to play again.Both doubles gone,it is time to play the easiest steel around.A new mullen was nice.The new Emmons was awful..this one almost plays itself.

I was wondering if other Jackson players are having the same comments.
I am thinking about a D-10. Any comments?

The main thing is the tuning.A trip from texas to Las vegas without tuning is incredible.A witness from pahrump saw me light it up. Rodney Leach.
He coulnd't believe the sound and only playing out of an 88, The Twin. Bill
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2012 1:45 pm    

Are you the Bill Mayville that's been missing in action? ---> Click Here
Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2012 2:25 pm    

Hey, Bill,
I have a D10 Pro IV and I'm loving it. Been playing it for a few years and made a few trips over seas with it. They're very well built by some of the finest people you will ever meet...Harry, David, and Dawn.

I wouldn't hesitate a bit about getting a D10. Check out the Blackjack Custom. I have an SD10 and it sounds great, but I think it comes in a D10 now as well.

If you have Fender Twins and you would like to hear a bit of C6th (with a snippet of E9th) through Twins, check out this thing we did in Australia. (We never played it with a solo in it, but he threw one at me so don't pay much attention to the playing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRfo9G3OkdY
Billy Murdoch

Glasgow, Scotland, U.K.
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2012 2:29 pm    

Bill
Where have You been
I was worried about You since My e mails to You were bouncing back,Was it something I said Smile mail me soon
wmurdoch at(@)hotmail.com
Billy
Bill Howard

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2012 6:09 pm     Pot metal levers

I just wanted to take a moment and thank the man who put Pot metal knee levers on my Old LDG I gave 1600.00+ for in 1983 David Jackson(an Engineer?) done it from all accounts I heard.... Dave thanks a LOT old Buddy, I was playing a really nice place a spot light was shining bright on my beautiful Lloyd Green Sho Bud then one of those WONDERFUL POT METAL KNEE LEVERS HIT THE FLOOR(FELL OFF!) in the MIDDLE OF MY RIDE with about 400 people watching some Laughing, Ha Ha Ha(great laugh!) David I traded that JUNK off the NEXT DAY/ I have NEVER been so embarassed EVER in my LIFE! EVER... THANKS OLD BUDDY!!. Wanted to say Thanks and I will never forget it EVER!.
I would NEVER own another item the fore mentioned engineering had ANYTHING to do with!. Just my opinion of course:). Ha ha ha:)
Greg Wisecup

Troy, Ohio
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2012 5:57 am    

Nice catch Tim!
/Nashville 400
RV-3/ Zoom MS-50G
As long as I'm down in the mix I'm Fantastic!
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 5:54 pm    

My Jackson BlackJack Custom is so easy to play it almost plays itself. It's a 2010 model that I got in April of 2010 and it's the best steel I've ever played. Known as "Black Diamond", this steel is my best steel for a lot of reasons. David, Harry, and Dawn Jackson knew exactly what I wanted on this steel, so they built the best steel I've ever played! The sound, tone, look, pedal action, and playability are absolutely amazing! The Shot Jackson pickup really makes this steel sing through my Peavey Nashville 112 amplifier. It's the sound I've been lookin for for twelve years!

Brett

Last edited by Brett Day on 29 Mar 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 6:02 pm    

Tim Sergent wrote:
Hey, Bill,
I have a D10 Pro IV and I'm loving it. Been playing it for a few years and made a few trips over seas with it. They're very well built by some of the finest people you will ever meet...Harry, David, and Dawn.

I wouldn't hesitate a bit about getting a D10. Check out the Blackjack Custom. I have an SD10 and it sounds great, but I think it comes in a D10 now as well.

If you have Fender Twins and you would like to hear a bit of C6th (with a snippet of E9th) through Twins, check out this thing we did in Australia. (We never played it with a solo in it, but he threw one at me so don't pay much attention to the playing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRfo9G3OkdY
Well said, Tim. Jackson Steels are awesome and David, Harry, and Dawn are wonderful people who make beautiful steels!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger