| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  *****Rains D-10 "White Beauty" 2012 for sale*****
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2012 5:21 pm    

This "NEW" guitar was specially built for me by Gary & Curtis at RAINS GUITAR Company, (such great guys to buy and deal with), and I just received it 2-27-12. The guitar is Gloss White with two horizontal lines of pearl inlay on the front apron. It has the great sounding TrueTone pickups on both necks, and has 8-floor pedals & 5-knee levers with standard emmons setup on both necks. All floor pedals and knee levers have been polished to give it extra beautiful chrome shine along with the high gloss white formica and added pearl inlay. Pictures don't do this guitar justice, it is simply gorgeous, and looks like something straight out of heaven. Its ease of playing is to be highly noted when it comes to the hard work and design these guys put into this steel guitar. If you look into the price of ordering one of these from Rains, you'll see that my asking price for this guitar is certainly in line (and with no wait). Obviously there is not a blemish on this guitar, as it has not been gigged at all, only practiced on a few hours. Now, why am I selling it? I acually love this guitar, and the color is what I have always wanted, when you have one built you get that option. But after playing a certain guitar for almost all of your "guitar-life", its hard to change over to something different, even something as great as this guitar. I know a lot of it is in our old feeble minds, but for me, I just can't make the transition. So my inability is someone elses gain. Email me for Asking price, or email me your best "reasonable" offer!

Last edited by Allen Howington on 12 Mar 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hugh Jackson

Dunn North Carolina
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2012 6:25 pm     Rains

Allen is great to deal with if he says It's in new condition trust me It's in new condition somebody is going to get a great guitar
Billie Cole

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2012 3:29 am     steel

nice
Bill Howard

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2012 6:46 am     Great guy

Allen is a great person to deal with does what he says and more. Looking forward to getting my Nashville 400 from him thank you!!.
Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2012 9:57 am    

Wow, what a beautiful and great playing guitar. I remember Curtis talking about building this guitar with the pearl inlay. What a great guitar. They play so well. There is no doubt the future of these guitars is going to be a bright future. Good luck with the sale Allen.
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2012 7:35 pm     Ttt

Great guitar, as I said, I'm open to "reasonable" offers. This guitar is new anyway you look at it, and no one else has one like it, no one!
Ray Walker

Smithfield, NC, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2012 5:25 am    

I must say....I was fortunate to play this guitar as soon as Allen received it and what a beauty...both looks and sound. It is a brand spankin new Rains. I had a feeling though that Allen was not going to long stray from his Emmons guitar and that is all that happened. I have been tempted many times to buy a Emmons but I know I would only end up doing what Allen is doing now and that is I would sell it and go back with the Rains. I have a couple of Rains guitars now and they are my first and only choice in guitars. I have one that is Black D-10 and would love to have both of these in the same room. Trouble is I could only play one at a time and I also have another Rains that I gig out. I would love to have this guitar. Unfortunately, I am going to have to dip into my savings soon for others things. Allen I will help any way that I can....you are a good friend and I want you to be happy. Then I want you over hear playing more this summer.

Ray
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 6:05 am     On Hold

Thanks to all my steel guitar buddies for their nice comments. Makes a man feel good when people have positive comments to make about him. As for the "White-Beauty", it is on hold for a nice gentleman pending fund arrangements. If things don't work out, I will make note of it in my post. Feel free to go ahead and put yourself in line as well, so if this deal faults you would be the next proud owner.
Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 8:33 am     Emmons

Good luck with sell. It is a beauty for sure. Someone will love this guitar. It sounded great as well. I got an Emmons I will sell you ! Shocked
chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 1:09 pm    

i know that when zums were just hitting their stride, several pp emmons players tried them and couldn't settle in to a 'newer' vibe so went back to their pp's. then years later realized the zums were great. that rains is a super guitar and given time to settle in with it , probably as good as it gets.
course there's no price on it.
Jim Keeney

Brownwood, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 1:19 pm     Rains

Allen, the white Rains is very nice and someone will be happy with it for sure.
Joey Gaskins

New Bern, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2012 4:26 am     White Rains

Dang Allen, why couldn't it be a SD10 and we'd trade for my Legrand III. Always wanted a white guitar
Gary Sill

Mt. Zion, IL, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2012 6:13 am     I sent you an email

Please call me/Gary Sill
A beautiful Laquer Mullen G2, 2 Nashville 112's, Evans 10" R150 Amp,1982 Emmons Push Pull D-10, Hilton Pedals, 12/8 MSA Superslide, Green LDG, S-6 Fender 1956 Lap. , Gretsch Country Gentleman, red Gibson 2019, ES 335, Quilter, Gretsch Resonator, Eastman Mandol
Bill Howard

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2012 11:21 am     Honest to the T

Allen Howington gets my vote for about as honest as you could ever deal with,his word is good as gold.
the Post office probably dropped a speaker cabinet Allen sold me before I even knew it was damaged Allen offered my money back if I was not happy with it then afterwards just asked me how I would like him to deal with it the issue. This Steel is probably better than a new one because Allen probably tweeked it a bit:)... thanks again to a wonderful forum member!. Mr Howington..
Darrell Owens

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2012 12:57 pm     Rains Guitar

Allen, I might have some interest in your guitar, but I need to know your selling price.
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2012 5:22 am     Rains Beauty Bump

Beauty Bump
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2012 5:32 am     Price Drop on "Anyone's White Beauty"

Well the first gentleman's deal fell through for him. So this guitar is offically up for sale again to the first interested party. Please email me for any further information on the guitar, or to just "chew the fat" about steel guitars. Price dropped from $4,500 to deleted by admin plus shipping, "firm". This is a NEW guitar in everyway, only been hooked up to an amp 3-4 times, NEVER gigged--only used in practice room enviroment--NON SMOKING!
Bill Joerger

Sunset Beach, NC USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2012 4:05 am    

Allen, listen! I know exactly where you're coming from. I went through the same thing with a GFI. Now I have a Rains along with a like new refurbished pp Emmons. The solution is not to have them both in the same room. I'm not kidding. I leave my Emmons in my studio and put the Rains in my office. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the Rains and playing it more now than my Emmons, -even after spending a grand to put it back looking like new. Try it. You may regret letting that beauty go.

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2012 4:48 am    

Sorry, Allen, the rules prohibit posting discounted prices on NEW merchandise.
Quote:
Resellers may not post discount retail prices for new merchandise in the Classified Ads section. Readers can be directed to call or email for a discount price instead. Prices may be posted for "used" merchandise. Manufacturers may post prices for their own products.

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2012 5:25 am     NEW to me!

b0b,
Sorry for any misunderstanding. I am not a dealer, I bought the guitar new for myself, my only intended implication was that it is in NEW condition, its just been a month today that I received it. As in my first post "This "NEW" guitar was specially built for me by Gary & Curtis at RAINS GUITAR Company, (such great guys to buy and deal with), and I just received it 2-27-12". Do you still want me to remove the price, you're the boss!
Caleb Holbrook

Ratliff City, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2012 7:35 pm    

Wish i had it i'd drop the money on it tonight. Those guitars are great, solid pedal action great tone no doubt. I know the workmanship and knowledge behind the building of those guitars no doubt they "know whats going on". and there friendly and great to deal with.
Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 5 Apr 2012 6:18 pm     Beauty

To the top for a great guitar.
Brad Malone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2012 8:40 am     New or used?

Hey Allen, Once a retail buyer takes possession of a product, car, guitar..whatever, it then becomes second hand regardless of how many miles a car is driven or how many hours a guitar is played..my point is that regardless of the condition of the car or guitar, when it is listed for sale, it has to be listed as used. They say when you drive a new car off the New car dealers lot it loses 20% of its retail value..just my 2 cents....BTW..that's a very nice Steel you have for sale.
Gary Dunn

near Camel City, NC
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2012 8:46 am     Re: New or used?

Brad Malone wrote:
Hey Allen, Once a retail buyer takes possession of a product, car, guitar..whatever, it then becomes second hand regardless of how many miles a car is driven or how many hours a guitar is played..my point is that regardless of the condition of the car or guitar, when it is listed for sale, it has to be listed as used. They say when you drive a new car off the New car dealers lot it loses 20% of its retail value..just my 2 cents....BTW..that's a very nice Steel you have for sale.

I agree with Brad: the Rains is a like-new guitar, not a new guitar.
Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2012 9:10 am     Apology

I hope that all of those that have been offended-harmed-or just out and out disgusted with my "imperfect" choice of wording can someday forgive me for such un-appropriate use of terminology here on the Steel Guitar Forum. Let it be known that I am from this moment on declaring my Rains steel guitar for sale here on the forum is a "LIKE-NEW" guitar, and not in any way what so ever a "NEW-GUITAR". Now can we stop kicking this "DEAD-HORSE" and just let my guitar sale. Thanks!