| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need a wiring schematic for "war-time" D-8 Nationa
Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2012 2:03 pm    

I need to re-wire a National CONSOLE model for a good friend. The wiring is all fouled up and I will have to start from scratch. This unit has the variable tone pot mentioned previously, labeled "Hawaiian - Chimes - Harp". There are no switches, just two pots per neck, two necks. Each neck has the magic tone pot and a volume pot. There were two caps, one a .03uf, the other a .08uf. Each of these caps connects to a separate end of the tone pot. It appears that the wiper of the tone pot was, indeed connected to ground. I CANNOT for the life of me, locate a schematic diagram for this lap steel. There was some thought that the pickup (which has eight tiny coils per neck, one for each of the 8 strings per neck), was possibly center-tapped to ground - but I can't confirm that and the pickups have been rewound..... I would really, really like to find an original schematic for this beast. If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Dave
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2012 2:36 pm    

David, Go down column on left to :
" ELECTRICS "
" New Yorker Lap Steels "
at the bottom of the page there's a schematic
hope it's pertains to your wartime model
http://notecannons.com/

otherwise Doug Beaumier had a Console post :
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=159220&highlight=yorker
Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2012 3:06 pm     CONSOLE Schematic

Thanks for the tip Crowbear, it's appreciated. I've just gone through both the site and the thread. Lot's of interesting and informative information, but unfortunately, nothing at all regarding the wiring of the variable tone control and wiring schematic.
But I have faith and I'm still looking hard!
Thanks again, and any help would be appreciated (it could even earn someone a free breakfast at the Dallas show.....).
Dave
Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2012 7:31 am    

Well Dave- I was afraid that it would be easy and I'd have egg on my face for not being able to figure it out. I lost a significant amount of hair over this one and am sorry that you are experiencing the same- thanks for all the help- I am forever in your debt-as I am to so many others. Doug Beaumier has(had?) one and I've sent him an email about it. http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=159220&highlight=