| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Finger picks.......who would have thought?
Ray Anderson

Jenkins, Kentucky USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2012 6:14 am    

After listening to all the talk about pick differences (i.e Dunlop vs Nationals) I thought maybe everyone was just bored and needed something to talk about. I used Dunlop .020 picks and I thought what could be the difference? But in a sense of fairness I bought some Nationals(don't know the guage) but I think they're .025s and was I surprised. Somebody tell me what the diffrence is? There has to be a method for the madness. NATIONALS+1. You gotta try 'em. Whoa! I also started using a shorter thumb pick and that really helped. I am just amazed at the small things you can do to improve your tone without breaking the Bank. Very Happy
Roger Francis

kokomo,Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2012 8:20 am    

Trying to find the perfect pick for them selves as far as comfort' tone' staying on the finger' attack on the srings etc. i think is something every steel player has gone through at some point in their years of playing steel, for some they may have settled years ago on a pick and for others they may still be looking, especially beginners, i'm always interested in something new that i hav'nt tryed or did'nt know existed, i have dunlaps, old and new nationals (different gages) ive tryed pro-picks, and perfect touch, and it seems to me it always comes back to what I want in a pick like i stated above, and for ME i've been very happy with the JF picks, comfort, tone, attack, and stay on the finger, but what might be good for one may not be good for another. I'm so glad we have this forum to discuss these things and to try to help one another. You can find a lot of things you did'nt know here.