| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Processor Ideas
Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2012 8:08 pm    

What are you guys using for reverb with your Peavey steel guitar applications. The RV3 used to be the "going thing". What is popular now?
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 1 Jan 2012 8:46 pm    

Mike, the DigiTech RP155 is a nice multi effects pedal with some nice reverbs. It has a host of other features as well, but the Lexicon chips makes the reverb quite nice.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 2:59 am    

I've been using a POD XT, for effects only, for several years. "Digital Delay and Spring Reverb".
Gary Cosden

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 6:19 am    

I am liking my Digitech Hardwire RV7.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 7:30 am    

Boss RV-5 and TC Electronic Hall Of Fame Reverb.

Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 7:59 am    

From recent threads and discussions, it seems that the Electro Harmonix Holy Grail and the relatively newer Digitech RV-7 are among the most popular around here.

I'd expect the even newer TC Hall Of Fame pedal to gain popularity this year as well.

The WET Reverb pedal comes from a smaller company and has less market awareness, but seems to be a very top favorite among those who have tried it.

And the Boss RV-5 still shows up too.

The discontinued Boss RV-3 was such a huge hit because it combined delay AND reverb in one pedal. Not something found very often. I still like that pedal. Neither the delay nor the reverb in it are great, but to have both in one little box is pretty cool and incredibly handy. And it does sound good, just not great. I also like the RV-3 because it keeps your dry guitar signal analog and does NOT convert it to digital and back. Analog dry path wins my vote every time.

Brad
Charlie Thompson

South Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 11:17 am    

Mike I'd agrree with Brad about the RV3. So many people use both verb and delay..combining them into one pedal makes alot of sense.
But that being said you are probabbly asking for development ideas..alot of us use racks: Here's mine:
A simple one rack space unit that is easy to adjust with verb, modulation, a boutique equivalant distortion circuit and parallel effects loop.
Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 4:23 pm    

Great idea,Charlie!Remember the old Ibanez UE405?Delay,Chorus,Compression,and Parametric EQ in two rack spaces...what about Reverb,Overdrive,Delay and Compression in ONE rack space?I'd probably buy one!
Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 6:36 pm    

Wet Reverb ! I put my Lexicon in the box when I recd. the WR. Smile
Almost forgot my Boss DD3

Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 6:40 pm     Effects

Thanks for the input. My Boss DM2 that I use for guitar has died a second time(in the 25 years that I've used it). No complaints at all, but I need to replace it. Very good products.

I really would like to purchase a processor that has flexible reverb and delay capabilities for both applications. The RV3 is apparently the flexible model that I need to try out. I personally like to add chorus and a leslie effect occasionally, but it is not a necessity. If anyone knows where I might find a used RV3, please email me.

Thanks Much and Happy New Year!
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 6:58 pm    

Jeez, Mike!
You got me all excited for a minute...I thought maybe you were asking bcause Peavey was up to something new.
Dan Johnson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 7:20 pm     digitech genesis 3

The digitech genesis 3 is it with all my peavey stuff,I love this unit with my nv112, Also I had a a speaker blow in my nv112 so I had to use a peavey bass combo amp and it still sounded great.
Clete Ritta

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2012 9:31 pm     Re: Processor Ideas

Mike Brown wrote:
...The RV3 used to be the "going thing"...

Mike, I thought it still was. Laughing Thats all Ive been using lately. That, or just spring reverb from the NV1000 alone. I did just get a Korg A2 (a single space rack unit) recently really cheap on eBay though, and it has some great stereo multi effect chains for electric guitar. I'll hear how it sounds in the effects loop of the Peavey with steel guitar soon.

Mike Brown wrote:
...I personally like to add chorus and a leslie effect occasionally...

The A2 has two expression (volume) foot pedal jacks, which can control the modulation speed for rotary leslie, chorus, flanger, etc, a digital wah and effect volume. The foot controller pedal with remote 9-pin cable changes patches and 6 effects on/off. Now, I just need some hard-to-find Korg A2 or A3 rack ears. This is the same unit The Edge used on several U2 recordings, though I wont be using it for quite such dramatic processing as that. Probably just a little delay and reverb for steel, maybe just a little better sounding than that thing thats been going for steelers since before the new millenium, the umm...Boss RV-3. Razz Sorry, Im not ready to sell mine just yet, but they do show up for sale here fairly often.

Clete
Mike Brown

Post  Posted 5 Jan 2012 11:43 am     Thanks!

Thanks for your input as always. Let me know if I can assist you.
Tim Sergent

Hendersonville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2012 12:00 pm    

Still liking my Earthquaker Dispatch Master. Has reverb and delay in one small pedal. It also fattened the tone a lot more than the Hall of Fame pedal that I use on stage.

http://www.earthquakerdevices.com/devices/dispatchmaster.htm
Adam Sorber

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2012 8:54 am    

EH Holy Grail for me.
Fender Super Twin Reverb
Fender Ultra-linear Twin Reverb