| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ft Worth Musicians-Did You Know Keith Dobkins?
Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2011 6:55 am    

I was talking to Gary carpenter the other night and he told me he heard Keith had passed away.
I did a search and found his obituary.
From the FW Star Telegram:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=keith-dobkins&pid=153971113

I knew Keith from high school and he was the best guitar player I knew. He got into country about the same time I did, in the early 70's. Played some with me in my band.
Keith and I both bought steels about the same time, but Keith was one of those guys who was a natural and he quickly became a great steel player.
Keith struggled with his demons and I had lost track of him for decades. I'm not sure he even continued to play all these years. The obituary does say he was a musician.

RIP Keith
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2011 12:07 pm    

Great player for sure. When Burgess ended his Longhorn Saloon gig back around 88-89 or so, Keith moved on to Branson not long thereafter. Lost track of him, but back a few months ago, I had heard he was living in North Richland Hills, but not playing. Wish I could remember who had told me that, as he had talked to him. I didn't know he was ill, nor that he had passed. Thanks for passing this along Chris.